Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Chronicles of a Dark Lord

Chronicles of a Dark Lord

Postby Indinera » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:27 am

CHRONICLES OF A DARK LORD

$4.49 only!

Image Image

This is a brand new game by a brand new developer, Kisareth Studios.

Storyline:

Enter a world of shadowy intrigue where stained pasts collide with the present in an explosive confrontation that will define one young man's dark destiny, as he attempts to thwart the machinations of a true evil beyond all imagining...

Features:

- Immerse yourself into a dark and complex world of intrigue with over 15 hours of Gameplay
- High quality retro graphics melded with lush HD quality animations provides an innovative graphical style
- Side-view active-time battle system (ATB) reminiscient of the classic 16-bit RPGs
- Optional quests and bonus dungeons
- Beautiful and epic soundtrack from independent artists such as Kevin Macloed, Chris Hurn, zero-project, and Sketchy Logic. Also featuring the track "Day to Fall", written and performed by Marielle Thomas.
- Decisions you and your party make will affect later events and even whether townspeople live or die and much more!

Screenshots:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Chronicles of a Dark Lord

Postby D_A » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:01 pm

I remember this game from way back when it was still a free demo. Heck, I still have that demo game. It was an interesting concept, but a bit tedious to navigate through. I'm curious about how much it has improved since.
D_A
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:36 pm

The game looks very interesting, the world map is exactly like FF6 world map. Maybe I'll try, and the features really want to make me to try the game. :)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:26 pm

You both should try it, this is what demos are meant for. :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby catseyes » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:34 am

Hi

This game is totally awesome! I bought it. And going by the title we will see more of this author. This game is definitely a 10/10. This author has a wonderful sense of humor. I love the fact he used a husband & wife team which is original. She got an applaud from calling him a b**stard for him not wanting her to go with him on his own. And then that 'Yes dear'. Totally priceless. +::biggrin

Story: Very engrossing. Like a good novel, couldn't put it down.

Graphics: Superb

Mechanics: Flawless

And one other note to the author. Thank you for having the enemies just right to fight, and they grow with the character. Not that you get overwhelmed fighting them. You and Indie's games rock!!
catseyes
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:44 am

Thanks for the nice comment, and glad you liked it!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby catseyes » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:12 pm

You are very welcome. I love this game, like I said it rocks!! I don't know Indy, you have another great author following in your footsteps. :) +::Thumbup
catseyes
Peasant

Postby Monipsych » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 pm

Where are the saves kept for this game?
Monipsych
Wanderer

Postby kalbun » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:08 pm

catseyes wrote:I love the fact he used a husband & wife team which is original.

A whole family, in facts!! +::biggrin

The game is really not bad, surely worth of its price. IMHO there are many good aspects, and something that could be improved. The game seems balanced, maybe a bit too easy (until the sea travel +::surrender ), the storyline is interesting and there are some good ideas here and there, like the action bar during combacts.

If something could be improved is maybe the number of sidequests, and the detail level about the story and components of Lee family. After all these are important elements in an RPG.

All in all, my opinion is rather positive, and I hope to keep it till the end of the demo
--Kalbun
kalbun
Bard

Postby CINDY712 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:55 pm

I tried to d/l this game and it says THIS ACHIVE IS CORRUPTED...what do I do???
Thanks,
Cindy
CINDY712
Bard

Postby feyone2 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:40 am

Hi, I'm in the tower and I've solved the riddle and the endurance trial but the force after the endurance hasn't come down so I can't proceed. What should I do or what have I done wrong? Help please +::sos
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Kisareth » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 pm

CINDY712 wrote:I tried to d/l this game and it says THIS ACHIVE IS CORRUPTED...what do I do???
Thanks,
Cindy

Have you tried downloading it again? Please let us know if you continue to have this issue.
Kisareth
Peasant

Postby Kisareth » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 pm

feyone2 wrote:Hi, I'm in the tower and I've solved the riddle and the endurance trial but the force after the endurance hasn't come down so I can't proceed. What should I do or what have I done wrong? Help please +::sos

You have to find and activate three pillars, after the third (the order doesn't matter) you'll be transported to the barrier and it will vanish.
Kisareth
Peasant

Postby Kisareth » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Monipsych wrote:Where are the saves kept for this game?

In whatever folder you chose to install it to, the filenames are like "Save 1.rvdata"
Kisareth
Peasant

Postby Woofgang » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 am

Feyone2, the same thing happened to me. It said I had passed the endurance trial and I immediately hit enter, so it never showed the force field coming down. I did not know that at the time and I used all of my stock to keep trying to get it to come down. I finally backed up to a previous save and played again. When it said I passed, I sat and then saw the forcefield come down. So I figured I hit enter too fast on my first try. I could be wrong, but I did get it the second time. Maybe that happened to you also. anyway, I did have to go back to a previous save and start again.
Woofgang
Bard

Next

Return to Games from other Developers