Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Pure Nightmare

Pure Nightmare

Postby Cassiopeia » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:37 pm

I beat it!!!!! +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY
This is probably not of any interest for anyone, lol. But I'm so happy and proud right now because I really wasn't sure if I'd make it through. But I ended up much better than when I played normal Nightmare mode with all the rewards. I killed anything and everything this time and didn't spare the Dreamlords either.
Off to Hell World now! +::clap +::Dance +::YAY
Cassiopeia
Hero

Re: Pure Nightmare

Postby Indinera » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:59 pm

Excellent job! Hell World is really a nice addition once you beat PN. +::Thumbup
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:00 pm

That's my Cassie! WOOHOO! +::YAY +::YAY +::YAY
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 7:31 am

Lol, Loof! +::lol +::kiss
So far I've just peeked into Hell World. I was surprised about the way to get there. I was totally convinced I'd enter it at the vampire's dream, in that room where you hear the growling when checking the end of a niche.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:24 am

I don't remember where you enter it from xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:25 am

Putting the headphones on Erin. Then you can choose between El Cairo and Gates of Hell.
I already killed lots of Dreamcatchers there. Now heading for the Hermes Shoes so I can reach the other places! +::clap
I just wonder what these orbs are for ... Well, I guess I'll find out!
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:37 am

Putting the headphones on Erin. Then you can choose between El Cairo and Gates of Hell.

Oh, nice, I like the idea I had lol
*shameless moment of self-satisfaction* xD
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:41 am

Oh, I like all the ideas you had in this game!
Well ... not all. What is really unfair is that when playing from scratch, the "Party" option is greyed out. So I can't remove the party members when walking over damaging rays. +::grrr +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:42 am

it's ok if this is the only thing you don't like :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:49 am

Actually, it is. In other games there's always a few things that I don't like, but this one ... guess it's just perfect. +::clap
I'm more and more coming to the conclusion that it belongs on top of my list of favorite games. Maybe now even before LF. +::O_o
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:56 am

ahhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHH
that's until you replay LF :razz:

I hope you have left your "memory" for Dreamscape too +::whistle
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:09 pm

I love LF. The hugeness of the games, the enormous amount of side quests, the hundreds of locations ...........
But there's one thing about LF that I'm not very fond of, and that's leveling up. If you want to play the game to its fullest (including putting everyone through the ArenA), you really need to do a lot of grinding. And since there are soooo many characters that don't gain XP when they're inactive, it takes hours and hours and hours to level them all. It's especially annoying when Random and Luci both can't be removed from the party. Then you can only level 2 more characters.

DSC has no chance to compete with LF regarding the size of the game. But it has so much else to offer.
I always thought TBOL is the game with the biggest replay value. Now I think it's DSC. In TBOL you can play the games 5 times with different parties. With Jasmine, and then with Melusine and all 4 schools.
In DSC you can play all 4 dreams, then play them again with different combinations of rewards and party members. Then, of course, try Pure Nightmare. Then play again do discover Hell World. And then play all other dreams again to regain the rewards and characters. That's pretty amazing!

Indinera wrote:I hope you have left your "memory" for Dreamscape too

Not sure what you mean.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:29 pm

I love LF. The hugeness of the games, the enormous amount of side quests, the hundreds of locations ...........
But there's one thing about LF that I'm not very fond of, and that's leveling up. If you want to play the game to its fullest (including putting everyone through the ArenA), you really need to do a lot of grinding. And since there are soooo many characters that don't gain XP when they're inactive, it takes hours and hours and hours to level them all. It's especially annoying when Random and Luci both can't be removed from the party. Then you can only level 2 more characters.

Good point lol
In TBOL (another epic) they do level up a bit outside of the party.

DSC has no chance to compete with LF regarding the size of the game. But it has so much else to offer.
I always thought TBOL is the game with the biggest replay value. Now I think it's DSC. In TBOL you can play the games 5 times with different parties. With Jasmine, and then with Melusine and all 4 schools.
In DSC you can play all 4 dreams, then play them again with different combinations of rewards and party members. Then, of course, try Pure Nightmare. Then play again do discover Hell World. And then play all other dreams again to regain the rewards and characters. That's pretty amazing!

Thanks!
Where does Asguaard stand in this showdown? lol

Not sure what you mean.

I mean the Memories thread, where players can leave their detailed feedback.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Cassiopeia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:52 pm

Indinera wrote:In TBOL (another epic) they do level up a bit outside of the party.

Yes, that makes it a whole lot easier.

Indinera wrote:Where does Asguaard stand in this showdown? lol

Asguaard is a real cool game ... with WAY too many secret locations for my taste. I know people love this. But I don't. For me there's no fun, spending an hour walking over each and every spot on a huge world map (and that's no exaggeration, it does take that long on the bigger ones) so as to stumble into those locations. Sure, finding them is optional, but firstly I'm always aiming for a perfect game, and secondly some of the best stuff is to be found there.

Indinera wrote:I mean the Memories thread, where players can leave their detailed feedback.

Ah. Not sure whether or not I've signed them. I must check it out.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Indinera » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:08 pm

I agree Asguaard is a completionist's nightmare. +::O_o

My intention when I designed the game was that people would NOT find or even want to find all the secret places. Then I realized some players like to finish a game 100%... +::surrender
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Dreamscape - Help and Questions