Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

A bug and complaints!

Re: A bug and complaints!

Postby D-Squall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:11 am

Indinera wrote:It's strange though cuz while I agree Onyx is pretty hardcore, I was able to finish it in hard mode (and I didn't level up like mad, otherwise it doesn't count). The only thing is that I don't remember now if I did anything special so it's hard to provide guidance... Are you using Baba? I think her Blood spells are pretty good.

Nope, I'm not using Baba. My party was Rowan, Tyber, Raven and Homard, since the dream you can't use Rowan I put Samantha in her place but she was very weak 'cause I didn't used her before. Still the game was difficult before that, I mean, enemies using spells that deals like 200+dam to the party and my party barely had 300HP, like... really?
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:29 am

Don't Tyber and Homard both have large damaging spells? Maybe you are under leveled?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Indinera wrote:Don't Tyber and Homard both have large damaging spells? Maybe you are under leveled?

They have powerfull spells but it is not enough. And maybe only now because I started skipping some battles after Melas College because the enemies in the Bleaching Span were an absurd there. There was a Mandragora that uses a spell called Toxic Kiss, that before the desert all this spell could do is poison my characters, but now it poisons and dealt like 400+dam
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:03 am

Just read your feedback about Onyx, thanks for it.
I've adjusted the difficulty now since you kill the monsters more easily, but I didn't touch the damage they inflict to you.
I guess in Easy Mode it shouldn't be too hard, assuming you can get 2-3 charas faster than most enemies.
I can't make more adjustments as it's been too long since the game was out and I don't remember it very well.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby D-Squall » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:43 pm

I started playing in Easy Mode once but I couldn't see any different from Normal Mode, so this time I just went on Normal. I don't like making the first playthrough in Easy, it feels like cheating to me. +::biggrin

I understand that you can't make more adjustments, I just hope other people doesn't suffer the same problems as me. Thanks for being always here to provide with info and updates about the game, it was a good game after all but still, it was hard.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:53 pm

I don't like making the first playthrough in Easy, it feels like cheating to me. +::biggrin

I can understand that xD

I understand that you can't make more adjustments, I just hope other people doesn't suffer the same problems as me. Thanks for being always here to provide with info and updates about the game, it was a good game after all but still, it was hard.

You're welcome, and glad you liked it.
I did make one adjustment (a pretty big one when you think about it) so I hope it will be enough.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby GO-Rikki » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:45 pm

Yes!!! This game is quite frustrating (even on "easy") with the enemies knocking my party out or inflicting serious ailments that take up all of my potions. Your games are supposed to be fun ... and this game simply does not do that. For instance:

1) maps are difficult to manuever where you are ... and where you are going
2) enemies are too strong the majority of the time ... and zap you with continual ailments that use up your expensive potions and/or MP
3) Only four SAVE spots? why? (and all the same drab, dark colors making it difficult to see what slot you are in)
4) guidebook is not worth the MONEY it takes to print it (toner cost).
5) characters speak in some kind of a dialect ... that is confusing and does not explain situation

just to name a few. Someone dropped the ball on this one. Even the equipment is difficult to determine whether to use or not ... as defense might go up; however, agility, speed, etc., goes down.

Sorry to sound so sorrowful ... but ONYX is close to being put on my shelf. I am surprised you allowed your name on this one, Indinera.
GO-Rikki
Wanderer

Previous

Return to Onyx - Help and Questions