OH! RPG!

OH! RPG!

Postby Indinera » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:31 am

OH! RPG!

$6.99 only!

Image Image

Get the Guide:
https://secure.bmtmicro.com/servlets/Or ... ID=2618061

This is the latest game by RosePortal Games, of Whisper of a Rose and Epic Quest of the 4 Crystals fame.

SUMMARY:

Heroes always win! But what happens to those who don't? Play as unique and colorful characters as the world comes to an end after our heroes' utter defeat.

The game consists of 8 chapters, each with a different atmosphere, gameplay and protagonist, all contributing to an exciting and fresh experience.

Mixing elements of parody and great use of interaction with an enthralling storyline, this game is a quality blend of pure RPG goodness - but with an unique twist!

FEATURES:

Use "Hero Calls" to summon Harold, Therese, Marsha and Lucius to your aid!
Visit 8 chapters, all with a different style and optional content to discover!
Global User Rank based on overall end-level results - unlock goodies with higher scores
Collect materials to upgrade the power/efficiency of your weapons, armor and potions

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: OH! RPG!

Postby rpgames » Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Awesome! :D Developer here. Post any questions and I'll help.
rpgames

Postby genoamisfit » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:46 pm

Greetings,
How many hours of gameplay would I expect from this?
genoamisfit
Peasant

Postby D-Squall » Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:53 pm

Hi, I downloaded the game to try and see how it is but I had a few problems. The game is way too slow when I play, I don't think it's a problem with the game but with lag problems, it happens walking, accessing the menu, even opening the game it took a coulple of minutes.I managed to play a bit of the game and it looks really good, I tried other games by Rose Portal (never finished one +:oops: ) but their games are gorgeous with great storylines, this one couldn't be different.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby briony » Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:31 am

I was a tester for this game and it did have problems playing on Windows XP ( it was mainly made for later Windows versions using a new engine) but it is still playable and a great game
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Valdy » Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:53 am

I played the demo, and have to agree with D-Squall: the game stammers, it's not running very smooth, and the fighting sequenses are rather slow too.

When I finished the first part and was told what rank I am, I had a choice of going to 3 different places: the castle, the swamp and another place - forgot the name. Being curious as to what I would find if I got back to the castle, to my horror, I found that I started the game right at the beginning again. I don't know why I was able to do that. Perhaps to improve my overall rank by replaying the same level?

This is a nice game, but unfortunately, it's not for me. It still needs a bit of work, and I am not sure I care for the gameplay, where I only have one character fighting and having to call on one of the heroes for assistance.

--- --- ---

Edited to add that I play on a Win7, 64-bit Sony Vaio laptop.
Last edited by Valdy on Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valdy
Explorer

Postby dgford » Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:06 pm

I'm half way through this game, and I haven't had any of the lag issues that others have mentioned (on Windows 10). I've had to replay several levels, b/c my characters were too weak for the end battle, and it was more about figuring out the strategy on how to beat them (esp. the old lady - that was tough).

This is a little different than your standard RPG, where your good guys are actually not so good, and you wind up playing what would normally be an NPC. Once I realized that my NPCs were actually the main character, and that the main characters were acting as supporting characters, it got easier to play.

The artwork is great, and I'm really enjoying the dialogue b/t the characters - that's hilarious, and well done. The only con I would say is that it is a bit challenging, in that you may not have enough time or healing agents, or help, to get your task done. There's not a lot of room for mistakes. But overall, I think this is a great game - well made, and fun!
dgford
Mercenary

Postby AuntIggy » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:50 am

I'm really enjoying the game. Can't figure out the door in the lava area with the 4 colored crystals and you have to input 7 numbers. I've tried using B=2, R=18, G=7 and Y=25 but that is only 6 numbers. I can't for the life of me figure this one out. +::surrender +::sos
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby briony » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:19 am

does it give any hints
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby AuntIggy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:28 am

None that I can find. +::cry
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby briony » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:10 am

okay did you get all the secret messages from "Don Miguel" if not the answer is
Spoiler: show

good luck
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby AuntIggy » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:01 pm

Didn't realize I had to go farther in the game. I haven't looked at the spoiler. Now I know what I have to do. Thank you! :)
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby briony » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:58 am

that is okay - have fun
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Re: Nun's tune

Postby SuzanneQ » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm stuck at the last bell ringing with the nun. The guide's answer doesn't seem to work.
SuzanneQ
Peasant

Postby CTSKMS66 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:38 pm

I would like to play this. However, I can't get the demo to install. Running Windows 8.1 & HP pavilion laptop.

Nevermind figured it out.
Last edited by CTSKMS66 on Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Indinera. Shut up and take all of my money!!
CTSKMS66
Wanderer

Next

Return to Games from other Developers