Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Tales Across Time

Tales Across Time

Postby Indinera » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:15 pm

TALES ACROSS TIME

$2.99 only!!!

Image Image

SUMMARY:

Tales Across Time is a linear, story-driven RPG experience from the creator of 8-Bit Adventures: The Forgotten Journey Remastered Edition. It uses the classic short-story format to tell the tale of three very different characters; each living centuries apart, but in the same location. Each narrative presents a different experience. Explore a haunted, ancient ruin; help a young woman save her town and her love; face off with an unstoppable masked killer. Many tales have been told across time; will yours be able to transcend it?

FEATURES:

Experience Three Gripping Tales, each set in a different time period
Unique Turn-Based Battle System - built around resource management & one-on-one encounters
Discover Engaging Characters and People with Personality
Same Location, Different Environment - explore a familiar land, transformed by the passage of time
Battle a Wide Variety of Monsters, which constantly change-up combat
A Narrative-Focused Experience - keeps the story going and doesn’t waste your time (no grinding/filler)

SCREENSHOTS:

Lost in the game? Please feel free to use this thread to ask your questions! :)
ENJOY!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: New RPG: Tales Across Time

Postby clear » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:45 pm

reminds me of snes rpg game +::Thumbup
clear
Adventurer

Postby Indinera » Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:38 pm

clear wrote:reminds me of snes rpg game +::Thumbup

true enough ^^
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Final Battle!!

Postby Xena » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Hi - is there anyone out there who has completed the game and can give me some idea of how to defeat the demon in his final guise - when you have the previous two Claire and the other guy with you trying to fight his mind??

I keep getting defeated no matter what I do, because the AP is so heavy for the amount you get !

Any advice would be gratefully received +::sos
Xena
Peasant

Postby Critical » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:32 am

Hi Xena,

Creator of Tales Across Time here! I'm very sorry I wasn’t able to respond to you sooner (I’ve been waiting for my account to be approved), but I can definitely offer a few good tips =)

- Try to mainly use Weak Attacks – this ensures that you’ll build up the most AP possible. Two of his attacks (the turn where he inflicts you with the Countdown, and whenever he uses his Ice attack) are weak enough to give you some breathing room to build AP or Heal yourself.
- If the Time Bomb ability is giving you trouble, make sure to Brace on the final turn – that way, you’ll block both the enemy’s attack and the time bomb explosion. If you don’t have quite enough AP, make sure you still Defend on this turn, as it helps.
- Don’t bother using Power Boost +, as the boss (in this form only) will drain it away from you.
- Critical Flash is by far your most powerful attack (assuming you didn’t use any other attacks, it takes about four of them to finish him), but Toxic Daze can also be useful, as it inflicts Poison (so it’ll keep damaging him while you’re charging up AP/Healing/Defending) and after 3 turns is comparable to Critical Flash.

After you defeat this form, you’ll get a checkpoint and a full heal. If you’re having trouble, try to play defensively and build up a nice nest-egg of AP. Claire heals you before this form begins, so try to keep your HP up.

Best of luck!

@clear – That’s a big compliment – thanks! Chrono Trigger (among many other great SNES RPGs) is my favourite game, so it always has an influence on my work ;)
Critical
Peasant

Postby Xena » Sun May 01, 2016 11:30 pm

Hi, I have tried several times, but he just keeps dealing more damage in the countdown time than I can deal. Not enogh HP & AP to be able to heal and deal damage.
Therefore I have given up. At least last time I managed to get to the changed form with the three people, where he kind of has loads of holes in his appearance, but today I can't even get that far again. I know it took me quite a few goes to get that far.

Have now got bored with having to keep going through all the stupid dialogue before hand every time I get killed, and then the different stages, it's not fun anymore. This is one game I shall not be finishing. 40 HP is just way too small, especially when you can't see how much damage one is doing to him, in relation to his HP capacity. :(

Regretfully this is a disappointing end. +::grrr
Xena
Peasant

Postby briony » Mon May 02, 2016 12:28 am

Xena wrote:Hi, I have tried several times, but he just keeps dealing more damage in the countdown time than I can deal. Not enogh HP & AP to be able to heal and deal damage.
Therefore I have given up. At least last time I managed to get to the changed form with the three people, where he kind of has loads of holes in his appearance, but today I can't even get that far again. I know it took me quite a few goes to get that far.

Have now got bored with having to keep going through all the stupid dialogue before hand every time I get killed, and then the different stages, it's not fun anymore. This is one game I shall not be finishing. 40 HP is just way too small, especially when you can't see how much damage one is doing to him, in relation to his HP capacity. :(

I agree this game does not make much sense and the hp and ap levels are way too low for any chance in beating the enemy- I would not recommend this game unless you like fighting continuously
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Critical » Mon May 02, 2016 3:42 am

Xena wrote:Hi, I have tried several times, but he just keeps dealing more damage in the countdown time than I can deal. Not enogh HP & AP to be able to heal and deal damage.

Hi Xena,

I'm very sorry to hear that :( I haven't really heard any complaints about this from players on Steam - in fact, a couple have complained about the battles/bosses being too easy - so I was very surprised to read your post (and that's not to decry your skills; looking at briony's post, you're not alone).

If you got up to the final form, you could have chosen to Retry the battle, and it would've continued the fight from that form - but I can certainly understand why you wanted to take a break (I've certainly felt that way with many other games). I'm very sorry you had such a hard time with the final boss. I'm afraid I can't really do much more than apologise; but if you decide you would like to see the ending, I made a custom save file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vx7k0ngzkiym8 ... xdata?dl=0

briony wrote:I agree this game does not make much sense and the hp and ap levels are way too low for any chance in beating the enemy- I would not recommend this game unless you like fighting continuously

Hi briony,

Always nice to see a fellow Australian =) My intention was actually the opposite. Battles in Tales Across Time are designed to be fairly quick (with the exception of bosses), whilst also forcing the player to apply strategy - which is why encounters are limited in number. Regardless, though, I am very sorry to hear that this was your experience also.
Critical
Peasant

Postby briony » Mon May 02, 2016 11:52 pm

Thanks Critical - I suppose I am just not too good at these strategic games
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Critical » Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 am

briony wrote:Thanks Critical - I suppose I am just not too good at these strategic games

Aw, not at all! It can take a while to get used to if you haven't played a lot of these types of games. Just means I need to consider more options for players of different skill levels in the future (I generally design for people that, like me, have played a lot of NES/SNES/PS1 era RPGs) :)
Critical
Peasant

Re: Tales Across Time

Postby semcrae » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:25 am

The game was weird ( especially the last 3rd) sad, and happy.
semcrae
Wanderer

Return to Games from other Developers