Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Disappointing Guide

Disappointing Guide

Postby phineus2020 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:19 pm

I was disappointed with the content of the guide. When I play a new game, I usually have no problems eventually making my way to the end of the game without a guide and I do not need a map to show me the direct rout through a cave, castle, dungeon, etc., because a large part of the fun is exploring the whole area and picking up all the goodies that I may find while exploring. I rely on the guide to show me side quests,secret rooms and the rest of the extraneous features that make these games so much fun.
I would not have purchased the guide to this game if I had known of it's limitations.
That being said, these are still the best and most fun games out there and I can't wait for MM5
phineus2020
Wanderer

Re: Disappointing Guide

Postby bigtime » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Yeah side quests and secrets would have been a nice add on. With that said. enso and indy like to tease people with their hidden goodies. +::YAY Its pure torture. 8)
bigtime
Wanderer

Postby Cassiopeia » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:01 pm

I think the official guides are all like this. For the quests and secrets someone must be brave enough to make a walkthrough. Which for this game is especially hard because of the many different ways it can be played.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby littlebro » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:07 pm

Cassiopeia wrote:I think the official guides are all like this. For the quests and secrets someone must be brave enough to make a walkthrough. Which for this game is especially hard because of the many different ways it can be played.

You're dead right. Doing the LF3 walkthroughs was hard enough, this would be a nightmare. Though, having said that, it would be possible (though a huge amount of work) to do one with the 2 main pathways of Melusine with one school and Jasmine. I don't see how it would be possible to incorporate all the small variations of the different schools without the walkthrough becoming too cumbersome to be of much use.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby D-Squall » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:47 pm

Millennium 1 and Millennium 4 guides has side-quests, secret rooms etc.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Cassiopeia » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:28 am

Littlebro, I guess the main walkthrough would contain the sidequests that are doable anyway and just hint out the differences with different parties, as far as known that is. I think we could all play that game 10 times and still not discover everything.
I bet there's still some that hasn't been discovered in LFIII too (though your walkthrough is very detailed, but Indy is Indy).
The walkthroughs for LFI and II are so elaborate that I wonder if everything has really just been found out by players or if Mellowcat got some hints from Indy.
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Nyx » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:09 pm

The guide is useful. I just do not like the way it is set up, IE much info is given too late !! +::cry
NYX
Nyx
DreamLord of Myst

Postby Aggeliki » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:38 pm

I think the first walkthrough would be with Jasmine and the second one with her being killed( melusine and one school plus Tamara)...the rest can be added as variations on the main walkthroughs.
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Cassiopeia » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Agreed. Say when you need help! +::biggrin
Cassiopeia
Hero

Postby Aggeliki » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:28 am

ehehe!if i ever quit one of my jobs and my baby daughter goes to pre-shcool then i will have some spare time to start a walkthrough..
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby littlebro » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:25 am

I'm thinking about whether to tackle it or not. I think I could do it in a couple of weeks, but I'm not sure that there would be enough demand for it.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby gaby5516 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:55 pm

I just purchased the GUIDE, for the sole purpose of getting help with the " Side Quests ".
Imagine my total DISAPOINTMENT, when I found out, that NO Side Quest are even mentioned in the GUIDE.
Had I known, that the Side Quests are not mentioned in the Guide, I would never had needed to buy it.
Especially if some of them are time sensitive.
INDY, is there any way I can get my money back?
I really don't need the guide to play the main part of the game.
It might be a good idea, to mention, that the GUIDE is not for the complete game, so people would know, and have the choice , whether they want it or not.
I just spent an extra $ C10.00 for absolutely nothing.
All in all, this game cost me over $ C 40.00 .
I so love your games, but I am so very disappointed in the Guides.
+::grrr
gaby5516
Bard

Postby Boxter » Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:26 pm

I can easily say that this game is anyway better when you go at it without any kind of guide.

I can also easily see where a guide for this game would be downright crazy and difficult. +::O_o

that and all the little details everywhere, at litterally every bushes etc, I can't think of someone brave and competent enough to not miss something, I think that for this game, it's maybe even downright impossible.
Boxter
Wanderer

Return to The Book of Legends - Help and Questions