Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Unlocked Hidden Characters (spoiler!)

Re: Unlocked Hidden Characters (spoiler!)

Postby D-Squall » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Indinera wrote:Good point. I'll try to fix that. ^^

Experience or Damage? :)
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby dee0227 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:00 pm

Someone said somewhere on the board that an original nightmare is necessary to unlock hell mode. So we can't choose our party because no hidden characters are available.

I think he means after we get the hidden characters. So if you have finished the first 3 levels (Ataraxia, Utopia and Dream)
you have 7 party members to choose from and you don't necessarily have to use the ones that were your reward to play Nightmare level.

I am considering restarting Nightmare level and using Athena because a lot of those monsters are weak to her fire spell and I'm having a hard time without it.

I just can't make my mind up who not to use though. +::biggrin +::biggrin

dee0227
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck
happened.
dee0227
Ranger

Postby Ladybug » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:01 pm

hares7293 wrote:Someone said somewhere on the board that an original nightmare is necessary to unlock hell mode. So we can't choose our party because no hidden characters are available.

I got Hell Mode after completing Nightmare Mode without touching Pinkie. Since I played Nightmare Mode from the start mine was an original or pure Nightmare as you prefer to call it! I guess if you play with bonuses it may not trigger Hell Mode after you complete it!
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

Postby D-Squall » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:03 pm

So it has a worse mode after Nightmare +::O_o
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Ladybug » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:12 pm

Sorry my bad I mean Hell World not Mode! +::biggrin
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

Postby VanEinstein » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:53 pm

So can anyone clarify the on the rewarded characters for each mode? I chose to play on hard mode my first go through just for the challenge. Does each mode unlock a specific character? (ie: hard unlocked Mega-Piu for me).
If that's the case, I s'pose I could go back and snag the other characters before moving onto nightmare mode.
VanEinstein
Wanderer

Postby Rabbit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:05 am

Each mode does have its own unique rewards. For each, you get a choice of items and a new character, if you don't touch Pinkie. I can tell that you just finished Dream Mode (normal difficulty) because you got Mega Piu.

Just to clarify:
Ataraxia = very easy
Utopia = easy
Dream = normal
Nightmare = hard

Apparently, there is also a special reward for completing an Original Nightmare (also called Pure Nightmare), in which you don't use any of the bonuses from completing other modes. I am working on that now, and will finish soon. :)
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby D-Squall » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:12 am

VanEinstein wrote:So can anyone clarify the on the rewarded characters for each mode? I chose to play on hard mode my first go through just for the challenge. Does each mode unlock a specific character? (ie: hard unlocked Mega-Piu for me).
If that's the case, I s'pose I could go back and snag the other characters before moving onto nightmare mode.

Those are really spoliers:
Spoiler: show
Ataraxia: Marine
Utopia: Sahrael
Dream: Megapiu
Nightmare: Lord Dragon.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby VanEinstein » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:15 am

So essentialy you'd have to choose not to include the extra characters in your party? I know there are also item rewards. Would that including choosing not to pick them up?
VanEinstein
Wanderer

Postby Ladybug » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:19 am

Apart from unlocking characters you also unlock items and a Pure Nightmare does indeed unlock an extra section of the game - Hell World! +::wizard

A Pure Nightmare equals starting a new game in Nightmare Mode that isn't just the follow up of one of your saves! So yes, no bonus of any sort! :)
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

Postby Rabbit » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:22 am

Yeah, I thought so too (about not using the extra characters), but that's not how the game works.

If you want to play with bonus items and additional characters, you should press Start immediately after completing the game that gave you the bonus. Don't shut down the program.

If you want to play an original dream in any of the modes, shut down the program and re-open it. Then you will start clean, without any bonuses.
VanEinstein wrote:So essentialy you'd have to choose not to include the extra characters in your party? I know there are also item rewards. Would that including choosing not to pick them up?
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby VanEinstein » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:26 am

Interesting...

You'll have to let me know how that Original Nightmare works out. Maybe it's the only way to open up the extra world (gates of hell, or whatever they were called).
VanEinstein
Wanderer

Postby Ladybug » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:37 am

Well, I can tell you: it works! lol
I've done it, so it's possible! +::Thumbup
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

Postby D-Squall » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:41 am

Ladybug wrote:Apart from unlocking characters you also unlock items and a Pure Nightmare does indeed unlock an extra section of the game - Hell World! +::wizard
A Pure Nightmare equals starting a new game in Nightmare Mode that isn't just the follow up of one of your saves! So yes, no bonus of any sort! :)

+::O_o You really told about the Hell's World.
D-Squall
Aldorlian Legend

Postby Ladybug » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:47 am

I had already!... +::O_o

LOL I just realized it was on the 1st of April! You must have thought I was lying! +::biggrin +::lol +::biggrin +::lol

Sorry! I wasn't, it's really that way! +::Thumbup
ImageImage
Ladybug
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Spoiler Discussions