Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Question about Returning to Previous Areas

Question about Returning to Previous Areas

Postby kkhohoho » Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:41 pm

In Laxius Force, is it possible to return to areas from previous chapters, such as (but not limited to,) Metrolia and Tyrine? I'm asking but there's some quests in Tyrine I can't do until later, because I either don't have Louis since he left and thus have to wait until he comes back, (Squid and red frog,) or I'm not at a high enough level. (Volcano.) So, I see alternative but to move on, though I'd like to come back later. Is this possible, or am I unable to go back to areas from previous chapters?
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Re: Question about Returning to Previous Areas

Postby Indinera » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:04 pm

kkhohoho wrote:In Laxius Force, is it possible to return to areas from previous chapters, such as (but not limited to,) Metrolia and Tyrine? I'm asking but there's some quests in Tyrine I can't do until later, because I either don't have Louis since he left and thus have to wait until he comes back, (Squid and red frog,) or I'm not at a high enough level. (Volcano.) So, I see alternative but to move on, though I'd like to come back later. Is this possible, or am I unable to go back to areas from previous chapters?

in lf3 you mean?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kkhohoho » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:07 pm

Indinera wrote:
kkhohoho wrote:In Laxius Force, is it possible to return to areas from previous chapters, such as (but not limited to,) Metrolia and Tyrine? I'm asking but there's some quests in Tyrine I can't do until later, because I either don't have Louis since he left and thus have to wait until he comes back, (Squid and red frog,) or I'm not at a high enough level. (Volcano.) So, I see alternative but to move on, though I'd like to come back later. Is this possible, or am I unable to go back to areas from previous chapters?

in lf3 you mean?

No. I'm currently playing LF1, and that's why I asked the question, though I suppose you could also apply this to the other two.
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Postby EmeraldEyez » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:52 am

In LFI once you move on in chapters you can't go back! And the Red Frog quest can be completed when you are in Tyrine.

I would sure hope you could go back to previous areas in LFIII, but with the Trickster you never know :razz:
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Postby kkhohoho » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:31 am

EmeraldEyez wrote:In LFI once you move on in chapters you can't go back! And the Red Frog quest can be completed when you are in Tyrine.

I would sure hope you could go back to previous areas in LFIII, but with the Trickster you never know :razz:

Eh, not the best design decision. For example, let's take Tyrine's squid and red frog quests. I decided to wait until I was done with all the main quests in Tyrine before the sidequests, but because of that, I was unable to do those two quests, as Louis had left by that point, and you need him for those two according to the walkthrough. (He lets you get past the man guarding the way to the squid, which is also where the red frog is. This is all according to the walkthrough.) Oh, and I wasn't at a high enough level to do the volcano quest. Now, if I could come back later, then I'd be able to do those quests eventually, because I'd get back Louis back later on, and I would eventually be strong enough to take on those firesquids. That would an example of flexibility if that were the case. But I can't go back. Now that I'm at Mt.Zule, I can't do any and all quests that I couldn't do at the time, or found myself unable to figure out, and this also extends to the Metrolia area, not just Tyrine. Maybe in LFIII you get some sort of airship or teleport spell that let's you back to those areas, but otherwise...

I really like LF, and I'll keep on playing. Heck, at the rate I'm going through it, (that is, semi-short bursts instead of overly long sessions most of the time,) I may be able to head right right into LFIII when that's released. But not being able to head back to previous eras is not the best design choice, at least in a RPG like this.
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Postby Winter » Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:32 am

Spoiler: show
There is another reason that you can't return with Louis
Winter
Peasant

Postby kkhohoho » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:33 am

Yes, he dies, I know. I played once before. But I should be able to come back before he gets offed, yet the game won't let me.
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Postby Tomas » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:37 am

It's true that LF can be very unforgiving sometimes, but on the other hand it's very good for replayability.
Even when you play it for many times, you can always do something better than before. That's something very rare and I always loved this "trickiness" in Indi's games, but I can imagine that if you are more interested in the story than in finding many little secrets that LF offers, than it may be frustrating sometimes.
Last edited by Tomas on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby EmeraldEyez » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:39 pm

Indi's games do require leveling up each chapter! My characters were all around level 25-30 or so in Tyrine, and the Volcano was no trouble at all! Maybe do one more play through and spend a little extra time leveling up in Chapter 1. I found the best way to level up in Chapter one was in the mermaid cave, and put the seed pendant on Random to start and then level on up!!
As for the Red Frog and Squid those are definitely quests that you could complete before leaving Tyrine! I know it's a bit frustrating not being able to go back and all, but perhaps we will be able to go back in LFIII! I guess we will find out in about 9 days or so!
EmeraldEyez
DreamLord of Myst

Postby camillia » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:14 pm

I was at level 28 before ever leaving to go to tryrine. Guess thats just me. I would recommend leveling throughout each chapter it may be a bit of a grind but it makes it much easier later on. Your more likely to be able to do some quest to that you couldn't before.
camillia
Bard

Postby SbN » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 am

kkhohoho wrote:I decided to wait until I was done with all the main quests in Tyrine before the sidequests, but because of that, I was unable to do those two quests, as Louis had left by that point, and you need him for those two according to the walkthrough.

In Indi's games, there is one golden rule: Complete the sidequests first. ;)
SbN
Bard

Postby jyarceus1993 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:00 am

In Indi's games, there is one golden rule: Complete the sidequests first

Could'nt have said it any better,meself +::biggrin +::Thumbup

La shai'a waqi'on motlaq bal kollon momken-Altair
jyarceus1993
DreamLord of Myst

Postby kkhohoho » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:04 pm

SbN wrote:
kkhohoho wrote:I decided to wait until I was done with all the main quests in Tyrine before the sidequests, but because of that, I was unable to do those two quests, as Louis had left by that point, and you need him for those two according to the walkthrough.

In Indi's games, there is one golden rule: Complete the sidequests first. ;)

The traditional point of 'side' quests are that they are quests that you don't have to do, but can if you want to. They aren't part of the mainquest, so 'Complete the sidequests first' shouldn't as much of a priority as you claim. I should be able to do them when I want to, if I want to. Thankfully, I think that starting now, I can get all the way back to Mt.Zulle if I ever feel the need. This is good.
kkhohoho
Mercenary

Return to Laxius Force III: The Last Stand - Help and Questions