Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Seventh Star

Re: New RPG: Seventh Star

Postby MerryX » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:08 am

Shotz! wrote:Thanks Everyone for the help so far!
I too like to take my time, try to find everything and everyone. I see a lot of people talking about a character, Sevyn. I have Duncan and know I have to head south (I'm leveling up some others while I have him). Did I miss Sevyn, or have I not made it far enough yet?
Also, someone also posted about a weapon, Rembrandt. I'm supposed to have Duncan, but Warwick doesn't give it to me. Is there a trick, or do I have to do something else beforehand?
Thanks in advance for the advice. Really enjoying a game I can take my time and fulfill the completionist gene in me. :)

@Shotz!
You haven't quite made it far enough yet if you haven't reached the Dark Elves yet? Duncan leaves and then returns - and that's when you can go and get Rembrandt. Sevyn is a later pick up in the story. You still have a wonderful time ahead of you +::YAY

Lady JJ wrote:I finished the game last night but went back to a previous save because I hadn't completed everything yet. I did love the ending. So glad I played this game. Tons of fun. Thanks crawfors!
Now for those final loose ends-
@MerryX-where exactly did you find Traz? I've gotten my party up to ridiculous levels and haven't seen hide nor hair of him.
Anybody know where I can find the monsters that drop the Aluzhan Plants and Magical Essence?
Off to kill the Dragon of Perdition now.

@Lady JJ
You can find Traz in a small hidden area
Spoiler: show
north of Four Rivers in the Northern region - look for a tiny tree on the left. I found him with Trine's party but he only really interacted when Sevyn had joined the team. It doesn't change the story - it was just nice to see him :)

Let me know how you go with that damn dragon - I am assuming you have Excalibur and have your team levelled up! I was around 60+ and it was a real struggle. Good luck +::biggrin You'll probably barely raise a sweat +::lol

The Draco warriors - weren't they in either Skullder's Mountain or Hell - centre of the earth? It's been really difficult keeping track where you pick up what from whom!!?

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:15 am

I got the second Alzurhan plant I needed from the Frost Maidens in the icy lands. Finally crafted that last item/potion. Thanks for all the help with the other locations.

@MerryX-I've tried (unsuccessfully) a couple of times to defeat the dragon and my party is lvl 80+. What can I say? I was double-checking every area to be sure I hadn't missed anything. Now that I have 20 Mega Elixirs in my inventory, I'm going to try him again.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby kimo » Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:20 am

@LadyJJ
Traz cannot be recruited from what I experienced at this point in the game. He can be found in a single square on the world map with Trine, Skye, and Alden in the party. He asked if the party wanted to watch the waves with him. I found him the first time while travelling to Rosa's Castle. He was in a world map tile that appeared different from others around him. I always try to investigate those and sometimes get surprised. I wish I could be more specific.

This game has incredible replayability similar to Indy's games. It really needs a walkthrough/guide if for no other reason than to keep notes in a PDF file for the future. I wish I knew what some of the icons mean. For example, what's DOT mean when Trine equips the Harbinger Lance (pricy but worth the 10k coins). I know DOT damages the enemies each round, but how/why?

The changing of parties keeps things interesting especially playing Trine's party for reasons that I will not list right now. Learning the strategy of using new skills keeps things from becoming boring. Not to mention the skills acquired as the party again goes through Lvl 20+ and, of course, Lvl 30+ with VE points.

I haven't equipped any "Learning" items because Trine's party needs high levels of defense/dexterity instead.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:24 pm

@MerryX and @kimo-I misunderstood. I thought Traz was recruitable. I do agree that it was a nice touch seeing him there. And the fact he now says he's too old to fight gives an indication as to how much time has passed. I can't tell you how many times I visited that lone tree farm and never recognized Traz. All I saw was a round green object (his head) and I thought it was a shore decoration, like a washed up sea anemone.

@MerryX-Yup, that dragon was a doozy. I finally beat him with only 1 death, easily revived, but it took 6-8 Mega Elixirs and a bunch of stat-raising elixirs. I have to admit, the reward was the first time I've felt disappointed in this really great game. So much for so little. :(
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby crawfors » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:49 pm

lady! Responding to the Dragon of Perdition battle.
what can I possibly give you once youve defeated the strongest monster in the game?

killing it- is the reward.

congrats you conquered the game :)
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:44 pm

crawfors wrote:lady! Responding to the Dragon of Perdition battle.
what can I possibly give you once youve defeated the strongest monster in the game?

A trophy? +::biggrin
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby crawfors » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:53 pm

lmao!!

fair enough.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:21 pm

@Lady JJ
Sorry for not making it clear about Traz being unrecruitable. I'm a bit of a "completionist" - so no stone unturned, so to speak. Told you he blended in +::biggrin

Defeating the Perdition Dragon certainly gives us bragging rights, at least! TBH, I can't remember what the reward was - I was just so astonished and grateful to have survived +::O_o +::fear

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:28 pm

MerryX wrote:Defeating the Perdition Dragon certainly gives us bragging rights, at least! TBH, I can't remember what the reward was - I was just so astonished and grateful to have survived +::O_o +::fear
MerryX

The reward was
Spoiler: show
a single Ornate Elixir. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful elixir, but it's also something you can craft. It only becomes available for crafting when you reach level 10, so it might have more of a 'wow factor' for players who could care less about crafting. Then I can see it being a reasonable reward.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby MerryX » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:08 pm

@Lady JJ
Yes, you're quite right! That reward is terrible - at least 6-8 of them would have been a bit more fitting since that's what we have to use to fight the damn thing!! +::biggrin

Only one is a tad insulting, Crawfors ;)

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby kimo » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:58 pm

So, everyone has merged into a giant party after finding Sevyn. Garion has left Quarry a present in Quarry's house.

Has anyone figured out what the heck the armor does for Quarry? I cannot see any changes to any category when she puts it on. Common gaming sense says wear it, but I've got issues. I just need to know why? +::Dunno
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:15 am

Lady JJ wrote:I'm trying to construct some notes from memory, which is never very successful with me. In the Golem Caves, on the way to Roden (?sic) where you find Sevyn, there is a secret path through the black to a chest. I remember it was a really good find, but I've forgotten what exactly it was. Maybe the Genji gloves? Can anybody confirm this?

I'm pretty sure it was the "Master Belt" which says it gives the wearer an extra attack. I equipped it to Trine. That was the only difference between the start and end of the caves that was a major item. I hope I'm right.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:30 am

kimo wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:I'm trying to construct some notes from memory, which is never very successful with me. In the Golem Caves, on the way to Roden (?sic) where you find Sevyn, there is a secret path through the black to a chest. I remember it was a really good find, but I've forgotten what exactly it was. Maybe the Genji gloves? Can anybody confirm this?

I'm pretty sure it was the "Master Belt" which says it gives the wearer an extra attack. I equipped it to Trine. That was the only difference between the start and end of the caves that was a major item. I hope I'm right.

You're probably correct. That 'Master Belt' certainly wasn't an ordinary drop. :)

I can't offer any help with Garion's armor. I had actually taken his armor before his demise and I think that glitched the game. Even if I select the 'put the armor on' option, I don't get any new armor either equipped or added to my inventory. Guess that's what happens to players who get greedy. :razz:

Still, it might be worth checking to see if you are actually receiving/equipping that armor. Just a thought...
Last edited by Lady JJ on Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:06 pm

kimo/lady
the armor is purely cosmetic.

you didn't glitch anything lady- you're supposed to wear it before the war starts lol.

you look at the character sprite she now wears purple armor, open your menu and her picture changes there as well.

that's what it does :)
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:29 pm

crawfors wrote:kimo/lady
the armor is purely cosmetic.

you didn't glitch anything lady- you're supposed to wear it before the war starts lol.

you look at the character sprite she now wears purple armor, open your menu and her picture changes there as well.

that's what it does :)

Ohh, so it doesn't change the stats at all? No matter, lots of really great armor (like the Armor of Vishaera) can be crafted. :)
I liked the crafting aspect of the game, especially since the more you crafted, the higher your level, the better the potions, weapons and armors. Fishing, not so much. I spent one solid hour fishing in the prehistoric forest, going from pond to pond with just the occasional battle inbetween, and still haven't been able to get fishing from level 9 to level 10. I finally gave up. I wonder if there's anything special that happens if/when you reach level 10?

I repeat-Such a great and fun game to play! I'm so happy with playing both Barry's Wrath and 7th Star.
Lady JJ
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers