Re: Elements: Soul of Fire

Postby soulcatapult » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 pm

blootooth wrote:Many thanks for all the help, Jeremy. +::YAY

You're very welcome. +::Thumbup
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:12 pm

Hi Jeremy, my favourite characters are Leonardo(he's the Hero), Ryota (skills), Boaz (cheekiness), Elias & Jessica (personality), & Sybil (spells). Haven't finished the area you gave me directions on yet as I've been too busy with real life!

Thanks again for your help. +::Thumbup
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:34 am

feyone2 wrote:Hi Jeremy, my favourite characters are Leonardo(he's the Hero), Ryota (skills), Boaz (cheekiness), Elias & Jessica (personality), & Sybil (spells). Haven't finished the area you gave me directions on yet as I've been too busy with real life!

Thanks again for your help. +::Thumbup

You're very welcome, and thank you for your feedback regarding the characters; I really appreciate it! :) Hope to hear from others as well.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby feyone2 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Hope it inspires you to do more, Jeremy! I love the artwork and characters style. Cheers feyone2 +::YAY
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby soulcatapult » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:03 pm

feyone2 wrote:Hope it inspires you to do more, Jeremy! I love the artwork and characters style. Cheers feyone2 +::YAY

Thank you so much. That means a lot. :)
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby Woofgang » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:57 pm

Hi Jeremy, first I love the game and it is well worth the money! I have over 150 hours playing because I get turned around easily due to working and forgetting where I was when I come back to the game, etc. It is harder for me when enemies respawn to figure out the maps as to where I have been, so I usually take longer. What I'm about to say is not a complaint, just how I feel right now. I am finished with the game, I did not finish, just done playing. I am in the Elemental Shrine and I just cannot do the vines. I have tried for a week straight and when a game is so frustrating, it is time to quit. I managed the mines, and then the slime, but the vines have done me in! LOL! I wish there was a skip option, but there isn't. My favorite characters are, Sylbil, Boaz, Ryota, Esther, and Leah, so you can see my other frustration from my list! I will try again, but I have decided to go back to playing Everlong, which I stopped for awhile to play your game. Again, well worth the money, very well put together, wonderful art, great story
Spoiler: show
Except for killing off all my favorite characters! LOL!!
I will definitely buy another game that you develop!
Woofgang
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:45 pm

Thank you, Woofgang. I have to say that I feel absolutely terrible that you made it so far and had to give up. Earlier in the topic, Acashpat helped some people get through the mines. So if you would like for me to help you get past the vines, you can send a copy of your save file to my e-mail address (I sent you a PM but I don't know if you have PMs enabled, please respond here one way or the other). I'm sorry for your trouble, and thank you so much for your dedication. I wouldn't want a single player to miss the game's grand finale, not for the world.

By the way, there are two sets of vines. I'm not sure which you're stuck on, but there's a floor of the dungeon between them. If you want me to help you, and you're stuck on the first set of vines, I will pass that floor so I can do the second set of vines as well. After the second set, there is a warp to the beginning of the dungeon, so you don't have to traverse the vines again. You can jump from the "cliff" at the top of the vines to get back down to the aforementioned floor, then just use the Warp Stone to escape and take the newly-opened warp at the beginning of the shrine to get back to the top of the vines and proceed. So you have nothing to lose.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby Woofgang » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:13 pm

Thank you, Jeremy, I will try to send the save file. I am stuck on the first set, (a second set of vines!!! HORROR!! LOL!) I tried to go back, but I can't leave the area, so it's the vines or nothing. I don't remember much else, it has been awhile that I have been stuck. Anyway, I will try to figure out the save file and send it. You are too kind!! +::YAY
Woofgang
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:22 pm

Did you get my PM, then? Let me know if you need help finding the save file.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby Woofgang » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:48 pm

Thank you, I sent the save file. I also want to say, I was disappointed in myself, not your game. I am just not coordinated to hit enter then up at the right times. It is me, not the game. So, I do appreciate your help. thanks again.
Woofgang
Bard

Postby soulcatapult » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:28 am

Woofgang wrote:Thank you, I sent the save file. I also want to say, I was disappointed in myself, not your game. I am just not coordinated to hit enter then up at the right times. It is me, not the game. So, I do appreciate your help. thanks again.

Thank you for being so kind. Don't feel bad about not being able to do the vines. After the feedback I've received on the mines etc., I see that it may have been a mistake to make such trials mandatory. Early on, I received feedback on my site from a gentleman who had to give up the game because he couldn't pass the mine cart trial; he said a better idea would have been to make the mine cart sections optional... and in a case of bitter irony, believe it or not, they originally were optional; but I thought the player could get through the mines too quickly without having to do them. This was before Acashpat did what he did to help people with it, so the thought to ask for the man's save file never even occurred to me. What's more, the mine cart sections were a holy nightmare for me to make. So was it worth it, to go through such annoyance, only to frustrate the players? Even stifle their progress? I've definitely learned from that.
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby Prometheus » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Hey Jeremy,

I'm in the post-game but one thing has been bothering me for a while now.

Any hints to help find the panacea leaf?
Prometheus
Wanderer

Postby soulcatapult » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:16 pm

Prometheus wrote:Hey Jeremy,

I'm in the post-game but one thing has been bothering me for a while now.

Any hints to help find the panacea leaf?

You mean for Granny? They're dropped by Tartarus Trunks. Tartarus Trunks appear in both the Heights of Nadir and inside the giant tree near the end of the Elemental Shrine (they appear two at a time there, watch out).
soulcatapult
Mercenary

Postby guppies143 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:48 pm

Hi Jeremy,
Sorry to bug you with this one, but I can't seem to find the secret passage through the trees in the lower right in the central area with the four towers. I'm really stuck on this one +::surrender . Could you please help me +::sos ?
Guppy
guppies143
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers