Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Book of Shadows

Re: New RPG: The Book of Shadows

Postby littlebro » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:57 pm

Has anyone found whereabouts in The Pit you can find the missing Teacher for the Quest? Been all over it, and can't see her anywhere. I've probably walked past her 5 times already.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby bgillisp » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:32 pm

littlebro wrote:Has anyone found whereabouts in The Pit you can find the missing Teacher for the Quest? Been all over it, and can't see her anywhere. I've probably walked past her 5 times already.

The teacher is by the Mana Crystals, to the left of the healing crystal. You'll find her on the far lower left between two crystals. If you need more let me know and I'll post a screenshot.

On another note, is anyone past Chapter 4 yet?
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby poshpaws » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:35 pm

I'm in the Tower of Storms and my entire party keeps being anhialated on the 4th floor by the bees carrying out electrical strikes although I have the grounder boots on. Do I have to find something else that defends me?
poshpaws
Bard

Postby bgillisp » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:41 pm

poshpaws wrote:I'm in the Tower of Storms and my entire party keeps being anhialated on the 4th floor by the bees carrying out electrical strikes although I have the grounder boots on. Do I have to find something else that defends me?

With their MAT the boots are only going to help a little. There's a note there that alludes to what to do, but in case you can't find it (or can't live long enough to get to it) I'll put the solution in a spoiler:

Spoiler: show
The bees are very weak to Energy spells. Use Josie or Elliot's Purple Ball or Purple Wave spell, they will take 10x normal damage from it. Also Padrin's Krotrium Stab or Krotrium Shards should take them down as they got 1 DEF.

If that doesn't work you may wish to return here in Chapter 6 or 7, as the 4th floor is pretty hard until your party gets to level 30 or higher, and has Jeweled equipment or better.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby darkange » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:02 pm

I am in chapter 2 now at the crossroads - so many things to do here - I found an anaconda and I got a warning to not fight it for now - I thought it was going to be simple and the anaconda killed a member of my party in one hit LOL ... I am wondering if the anaconda will drop a piece of meteorite for that mine quest. The guy said something about a powerful snake dropping something like this. I will kill it eventually after some book upgrades and then I am going to challenge the arena - with a lvl 12 party :razz:

I like that you added the " party " option in the fight ... if 3 of my members die I can now just switch with the other 3 instead of reviving the KO party members - never seen this in any turn base rpgs so far - seems interesting .
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby bgillisp » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:37 pm

darkange wrote:I am in chapter 2 now at the crossroads - so many things to do here - I found an anaconda and I got a warning to not fight it for now - I thought it was going to be simple and the anaconda killed a member of my party in one hit LOL ... I am wondering if the anaconda will drop a piece of meteorite for that mine quest. The guy said something about a powerful snake dropping something like this. I will kill it eventually after some book upgrades and then I am going to challenge the arena - with a lvl 12 party :razz:

I like that you added the " party " option in the fight ... if 3 of my members die I can now just switch with the other 3 instead of reviving the KO party members - never seen this in any turn base rpgs so far - seems interesting .

The Corssroads is a great way to kill time I will admit. The anaconda is tough at Chapter 2, try it again in Chapter 3, it should be more manageable if you found some Dwarfen Weapons and Armor by then.

Glad you liked that feature. Sometimes it is better to switch in someone else rather than try to revive everyone. I often will swap in two fresh characters and leave one of the KO'd people and try to revive that one the next turn, then later I may swap someone else out for the other KO'd people to get them back, but it depends on how badly I want them for this battle.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby darkange » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:22 pm

bgillisp wrote:
darkange wrote:I am in chapter 2 now at the crossroads - so many things to do here - I found an anaconda and I got a warning to not fight it for now - I thought it was going to be simple and the anaconda killed a member of my party in one hit LOL ... I am wondering if the anaconda will drop a piece of meteorite for that mine quest. The guy said something about a powerful snake dropping something like this. I will kill it eventually after some book upgrades and then I am going to challenge the arena - with a lvl 12 party :razz:

The Corssroads is a great way to kill time I will admit. The anaconda is tough at Chapter 2, try it again in Chapter 3, it should be more manageable if you found some Dwarfen Weapons and Armor by then.

Glad you liked that feature. Sometimes it is better to switch in someone else rather than try to revive everyone. I often will swap in two fresh characters and leave one of the KO'd people and try to revive that one the next turn, then later I may swap someone else out for the other KO'd people to get them back, but it depends on how badly I want them for this battle.

I was wrong about the name ... it was a " VIPER " snake ... not anaconda ... still he was killing all my members in one hit except Cedric of course - it took 2 hits for him +::biggrin
I already killed it - I used the dmg return aura from Kira and since the snake was hitting for so much dmg it killed himself +::YAY ... so it is doable in chapter 2
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:51 pm

When I finished Chap. 1 (campfire), I saved the game when prompted. But when reloading that save (auto-named end of Chap 1) in the full version, it kept returning me to the credits screen instead of progressing to chapter 2. Luckily I had a save just before leaving the pit and it did continue on to Chap 2 without a hiccup after the campfire scene (and the num num slime breakfast).
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:28 pm

bgillisp wrote:On another note, is anyone past Chapter 4 yet?

I have the unicorn hairs and the thunder flower and ready for Renee to recalibrate the portal. Loving this game!
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby bgillisp » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:48 pm

darkange wrote:I was wrong about the name ... it was a " VIPER " snake ... not anaconda ... still he was killing all my members in one hit except Cedric of course - it took 2 hits for him +::biggrin
I already killed it - I used the dmg return aura from Kira and since the snake was hitting for so much dmg it killed himself +::YAY ... so it is doable in chapter 2

I have to admit, I've never tried that approach there, as I usually just go in Chapter 3 when Sarah can (usually) last long enough to shock it.

kimo wrote:When I finished Chap. 1 (campfire), I saved the game when prompted. But when reloading that save (auto-named end of Chap 1) in the full version, it kept returning me to the credits screen instead of progressing to chapter 2. Luckily I had a save just before leaving the pit and it did continue on to Chap 2 without a hiccup after the campfire scene (and the num num slime breakfast).

Hmmm...it shouldn't do that. Guess the engine saved the event with the save file, so it just runs the old event even though it doesn't exist anymore. I'll try something to fix that for future players tomorrow once I get off work but for now that may be the way to go.

Lady JJ wrote:

I have the unicorn hairs and the thunder flower and ready for Renee to recalibrate the portal. Loving this game!
[/quote]

Glad to hear it! What's your playtime so far?
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby gmz26 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:30 pm

how do i start from my last save point of the demo after installing the full game?
gmz26
Wanderer

Postby bgillisp » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:46 pm

gmz26 wrote:how do i start from my last save point of the demo after installing the full game?

You should be able to just copy your save files to the directory where the new game resides. Be aware that per another poster if you use the Chapter 1 End Save it might not work, so load the autosave instead, that was made right after the last boss battle in the demo.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby kimo » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:54 am

Sorry, Indi. I did not see your edit to my post. I thought I screwed up. Go ahead and delete this if you want. I agree with your reason to edit and assume you've told the developer.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby bgillisp » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:25 am

Kimo: Yep, I know about it now. I will work on a fix for the demo tomorrow just can't today due to work for another job. Indy should have a fix sent to them as soon as I finish fixing and testing it (hopefully Saturday).

Note I am in UTC - 6 time zone though, so Saturday for me might be your Sunday, depending on where you live.
bgillisp
Mercenary

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:45 am

bgillisp wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:

Glad to hear it! What's your playtime so far?

37 hours at that point. Understand that I am a very conservative player and will repeatedly walk a mile back to a healing crystal and save several times while clearing out a dungeon, so that number may be much higher than most players.

I have encountered one glitch-
Lost Earring Quest
I found the earring before I received the quest. When I received the quest, I had the reserve party as the others were still in jail in Minneapolis with all the items. When the party reunited, I returned to Thundermeadow. Ariella was really excited to have her earring back. There are 2 objectives to this quest:
1-Ariella lost her earring while visiting Tir Koraz. Find it and bring it back for her please.
2-I believe we found her earring. We should take this to Ariella when we get a chance.
1 is still white, 2 is greened out, reward is still white (even though Ariella gave me the Damage Protector), and the quest itself is still white. So even though I completed the quest, I'm not receiving credit for it and it's still listed under Active Quests.

I know I finished the quest, so it doesn't bother me having it remain active (and possible failed by game's end), but I felt I should still report it.
Lady JJ
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers