yes actually! pess [ or ]
crawfors
Explorer

Re: New RPG: Barry of Wrath

Postby kimo » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:36 pm

crawfors wrote:yes actually! pess [ or ]

@Crawfors
Thanks. +::Thumbup
That took me a minute to figure out, but for anyone who is wondering about the reply from @Crawfors; PRESS either the "[" key or the "]" key to toggle between characters in the FULL version. This is a new key assignment for me.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby crawfors » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:42 pm

the same buttons work to fast scroll through your items/ armors etc
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:54 pm

Hey, Crawfors - you were absolutely not kidding about -
Featuring an exciting combat system with 10 different status effects to keep the players on their toes with the need to regularly adjust their battle tactics (No more constantly spamming your favourite ability every turn)

I must admit I'm struggling at times to adjust the battle strategy along with the multiple weapons, armours, accessories and relics!! I have been resorting to "Optimize" as a short cut and then fine tuning but it doesn't always help. I had thought to ask for some tips here from people but from reading other posts see I am in the same boat as everyone else. Although I have hopes maybe Kimo and LadyJJ and perhaps others may have some ideas?? Damn you, Crawfors +::cry ;)
So Barry and Melody with their Purification are becoming my new best friends +::biggrin Oh, and lots of top up potions +::lol

At the moment I am slowly grinding up in the north - levelled up to between 21-26 for everyone. I keep dreaming about getting access to those hard won VE Points at level 30. Hope it helps when I get there...the battles are very challenging with the multiple status effects blasting away with many of the foes feeling like mini bosses +::fear I swear that Hydra was one +::fear And don't get me started on the pumpkins in the forest +::grrr

One surprise has been Yanna and her Venom and Poison Weapons - sneaky yet effective. The only thing is it would save time if she could reliably "arm" it before battle. The Venom sometimes works and sometimes doesn't and I haven't figured out a pattern yet. I have got the Steal spell up to 20 where it's stopped so I figure that's the maximum.

(PS Edit - now figured out that you can arm the venom and poison before battle but only if Yanna has nothing - i.e., it doesn't "top" up.)

About the download - I can see I must have been super lucky with a trouble-free 8 minutes and/or my system and Australian internet speeds managed it better than I ever thought possible. Unfortunately no help to others except lots of sympathetic noises and the certainty you won't regret it (despite my whining above about the battles).

MerryX
Last edited by MerryX on Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:26 am

Quick update - finding battles easier once I hit mid-20 level and got some larger damaging skills (e.g., Heavenly Wrath, Torch, Meteor), and the buffs and debuffs.
Current team - Barry (25), Ailey (27), Melody (26), and Yanna (25) - still to level up Traz (21), Ivanka (26), and Madae (22).
Also understanding the battles better and how to most effectively equip people - e.g., in Big White focus on Cold Resistance and Learning +++ Noticed Melody was rubbish with a Staff so switched to a Sword, etc. I needed to pay more attention to what's working and what's not instead of bashing away +::Thumbup

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:39 am

i'm glad you are catching that!

the battles require some sophistication to make out well, it isnt supposed to just be a mindless slog!

:) that is also a pat on my back so thank you
lmao
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:56 am

I'm a little behind most but I'll try to catch up. :)

Download from BMT went really well. Less than 8 minutes, downloaded perfectly on first try. Here is one tip for those who haven't made it to Citadel castle yet.

Don't be in too great of a hurry to rescue the princess. You'll miss out on some great opportunities for exp/VE/gold. Enter the Citadel castle, go up the NW stairs to the castle rooftop. Enter the center doorway. Battle 3 guards and a guard hound. It's a fairly easy battle at level 8. After the battle, you find yourself at the entrance to Citadel again. Enter the castle (the guard is still gone so you don't need any pie). Shampoo, rinse, repeat. Each battle yields +65 exp, +14 VE and 185 G. It's a cash cow. :)

Edit-Looks like you don't need to go up the NW stairs to the castle rooftop. The battle is the same as the guard just beyond the castle entrance guarding the stairs to the king. Saves a few steps...
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby MerryX » Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:20 am

@LadyJJ
So glad you didn't have any further download issues and you've joined the adventure. I have to say I did get tossed out of the castle a few times (which led me to think I needed apple pies +++), however I did not appreciate the advantages. I just got indignant and rushed ahead to "solve" the problem. Nice way to use getting ignominiously tossed out to our advantage +::lol

@Crawfors
Yup, gradually catching on and it really does help to get to mid-20s level as you start to get a few more useful skills and the "old" ones are much stronger +::YAY

Currently, have Barry, Madae, Melody and Yanna - mixing in some stronger ones with my weakest (Madae).

I am now off to have a little nap - my dog is insisting - and I'll pick the game again up later +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:47 pm

just for my own curiosity sake.. did anyone find the genji gloves yet?

You can find them shortly after you get Melody...

they're in the cave zone right before you fight Terri & Jerri... in a small hidden spot off to the east side of the screen...

they are worth going back for :) if you missed them, certainly go back when you get the chance
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:56 pm

crawfors wrote:just for my own curiosity sake.. did anyone find the genji gloves yet?

You can find them shortly after you get Melody...

they're in the cave zone right before you fight Terri & Jerri... in a small hidden spot off to the east side of the screen...

they are worth going back for :) if you missed them, certainly go back when you get the chance

Got them! That path was a subtle yet clever hint. :)
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby MONCHA5 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:27 pm

crawfors wrote:also did anyone unlock Traz yet?

you have to buy the explosives in the town from the Clown!! they cost 150gp if i remember --- then in that giant maze forest there's a blockade.. blow it up- talk to Traz and he joins.

then go to Citadel castle

I cant find traz.
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:35 pm

@Monchaz-Traz is in the Swamp of Despair, the location that follows Hot Springs Village. He's in the northern area. His location is blocked by 2 rocks, which is why you have to have the dynamite from the clown. Interact with one of the rocks, pass through, and you'll find Traz.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby blumyst » Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:51 pm

Hi can someone please tell me how to make it full window. I try f3 but that doesnt do it and am not sure how to make it so it comes up full screen?
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby MONCHA5 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:34 pm

I am lost, I am at Eesha but I dont know where to go now? +::sos
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby MONCHA5 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:34 pm

Lady JJ wrote:@Monchaz-Traz is in the Swamp of Despair, the location that follows Hot Springs Village. He's in the northern area. His location is blocked by 2 rocks, which is why you have to have the dynamite from the clown. Interact with one of the rocks, pass through, and you'll find Traz.

Thanks a lot
MONCHA5
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers