Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Barry of Wrath

Re: New RPG: Barry of Wrath

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:19 am

@ monchas
what the hell is that? is that a bug? it may just be a software thing where you can reload and it's gone

if not we need to know where it's at and if anyone else encountered it (or why)

MerryX ! all the statues you need to read are actually in the building-- but the walkways are disguised... so in each
area walk as far to the right and left as you can-- you're going to realize there are more zones you didn't notice!
just read those inscriptions and soon you'll have it
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:53 am

crawfors wrote:MerryX ! all the statues you need to read are actually in the building-- but the walkways are disguised... so in each area walk as far to the right and left as you can-- you're going to realize there are more zones you didn't notice!
just read those inscriptions and soon you'll have it

Okay, everyone disregard me thinking I knew where the demon statues are because I clearly got it WRONG!!! +:oops:
I mean there are demon statues elsewhere but they are not the ones we need ;)
I did wonder when I first went in if I'd miss anything as for my eyes it is quite dark - gorgeous artwork and fierce-some foes - but DARK and somewhat creepy scary +::fear
Thanks, Crawfors, for steering me back on the right path :)
MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:15 am

Nope - sorry, Crawfors, no luck finding more to the left or right than I already have in Amarath house.
Spoiler: show
When I go up the stairs to the left, there are two parallel corridors where Eber lives and I've rapped everywhere and no luck. And to the right takes me directly into the crypt where one statue is but I can't find any others +::cry

What am I missing???

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:22 am

MerryX wrote:Nope - sorry, Crawfors, no luck finding more to the left or right than I already have in Amarath house.
When I go up the stairs to the left, there are two parallel corridors where Eber lives and I've rapped everywhere and no luck. And to the right takes me directly into the crypt where one statue is but I can't find any others +::cry

What am I missing???

MerryX

Never mind - I found them +::YAY
The two statues in the entry and the third in the central room eventually triggered but I needed to press "enter" on the keyboard - the mouse control was a bit iffy +:::|
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:45 am

@merryx

lmao there you go you got it!
that place is a puzzle

okay so you're into the next dungeon or are you onto a new group now? !!
i have to think your play time is getting up there pretty good as well??
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:03 pm

@MerryX-I found my way to Amarath. You mentioned Eber. Did I miss an NPC? Also, I felt sad that I hadn't unequipped the Tzimisce relic from my party before the battle and that switches to the King. Then I found the Zodiac relic in Krump's bedroom and I was happy again. Then I switched to Yanna's party, none of which had the Tzimisce relic equipped and I was sad again. Then I found another Zodiac relic in the well in Amarath and now I'm happy again. :)

Edit-Just found Eber.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:13 pm

lmao! lady the relics are an intricate part of the game to getting your stats way up there!!

soon you'll be able to take advantage of the veteran skills-- you can make your characters VERY powerful.

how many hours in are you?

i'm always curious to know that lol
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:40 pm

crawfors wrote:@merryx

lmao there you go you got it!
that place is a puzzle

okay so you're into the next dungeon or are you onto a new group now? !!
i have to think your play time is getting up there pretty good as well??

@Crawfors
Yes, it absolutely is getting up there - 50:27 hours and counting... The group is now back together - I am sooo glad I spent the time levelling up to 30+ for everyone in the Big/Great White before the group dispersed. With some of my least (?) favoured characters that may have been disastrous (e.g., Madae) with some of the different challenging dungeons they got dumped in. And thank goodness, the next 4 new characters (Cosmo, Saya, Paragon and Eber) levelled up faster than the first lot.
Why was that by the way - I had them all loaded with Learning gear but it seemed like it took forever - or is it like..."are we there yet?" It just seemed it took a long time - I estimate about 18 hours to get the first 7 characters levelled to 30+
I am now up to going to get those Genji Gloves and then I suspect checking to see I haven't missed anything before heading up to the NW ;)

@Lady JJ
Glad you found Eber and the relics. I almost forgot the chest in the King's bedroom and I'd tried to get it twice before so it's not as though I didn't know it was there! A very nice bonus! You must have been playing a lot to nearly catch up to where I am. You're a lot better with the finer details so I need to up my game +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby kimo » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:14 pm

For those of you who live in a cave, California is basically underwater. And the wind is blowing over huge trees, too. Suffice it to say, keeping the power on (WiFi) is a challenge at best. Thank goodness that I am a weather wimp and buy 2 cords of wood every fall for our fireplace.

I could use some advice (other than move back to Hawaii) for the party configuration.
I have been using Barry (16), Traz (17), Melody (16), and Ailey (17) and doing quite well. But I always think about what else works. In reserve are Madae (10), Ivanka (11), and Yanna (9). I keep them as well-equipped as possible even though they are not active. Any thoughts? Opinions? What reserve player of mine has proven good for you?

I have read that the group splits at some point, so is that a good opportunity to level-up party members? Sooooo many options. This will definitely be a replayable game for years to come.

I am 8.5 hours into the game and currently climbing some mountain through a complex cave system and collecting everything I can find after the Mithral proved so valuable.

@crawfors
Not fair releasing a new game right now. It's not the money. It's all about available time.
Also, I have experienced no game errors/messages like Moncha5 found.

Now let's see if the power will stay on for a while. +::surrender +::surrender
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:46 pm

@Crawfors
I finally found the Genji Gloves - really worth it as allows you to equip a second weapon +::YAY I have to say it was very well hidden though - almost had to call for help but managed to grit my teeth and try one more time to go through the Mesai cave system focussing on the east walls.

@Kimo
Do I hear gurgling noises from across the ditch...why, yes, I do +::O_o :(
So sorry to hear you are getting drowned over there, Kimo. We're not unfamiliar with that here too - and if not floods, it's fire. At least neither of us are dealing with volcanos currently! Keep warm and dry - and powering away on Barry :)

As far as any thoughts about characters, I personally like -
    Barry (35) - Att/Magic - healing, debuffs, magical and physical attacks
    Ailey (38) - Magic - offensive+++ (For some reason which escapes me, she levels up faster than the others)
    Melody (32) - Magic/Attack - healing, buffs and debuffs, physical attacks
    Ivanka (36) - Magic/Attack - nice mix of healing, individual and large group attack

A bit more limited but still good -
    Yanna (35) - Poison and Venom attacks - debilitating over time
    Madae (33) - Physical attack and Magic debuffs. I equipped her early on with the Phoenix Ring and she gained some Magic Attack and Healing (I experimented to see if I could equip it to someone else but lost the skill level so have kept it with her to round her out a bit).
    Traz (33) - Physical Attack - heavy hitter and hard to kill as well. The trick is getting his Stamina points up - same with any character needing STAM to use their skills.

I found these first 7 characters slow to level up so definitely worth getting them all up to or close to 30+ before they disperse which happens in the castle after the Big White (the ice dungeon) - sorry can't remember the name of it but Lady JJ or Crawfors would know. And also have their own thoughts about the characters +::biggrin

You then pick up Cosmo, Saya (Barry's wolf), Paragon and Eber (Ailey's brother) - and they seem to level up a lot faster.

kimo wrote:
@crawfors
Not fair releasing a new game right now. It's not the money. It's all about available time.
Also, I have experienced no game errors/messages like Moncha5 found.

Now let's see if the power will stay on for a while. +::surrender +::surrender

I do agree, Kimo - very unfair to have another new game before we've finished Barry ;)
And I haven't run across any issue like Moncha5 either. Sorry, Moncha5 - hope you have been able to continue on?

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:33 pm

@kimo-I've been hearing a lot of California weather related news, none of which is good. I hope things clear up soon. It does seem as though California is just one series of climate disasters (fires, droughts, floods, earthquakes). Makes me feel feel guilty to complain about the occasional blizzard up here in the northeast.

@MerryX-I'm in Florida with my sister. Starting tomorrow we'll be on the go quite a bit, but these first few days she's been busy with some of her responsibilities so that's given me a few hours to play the game. I'm just under 30 hours right now. I'm playing Barry's party with Traz and Madae. Since I've just found a musical horn, I'm assuming Melody will be joining soon. I think the reason the newcomers level up more quickly is because they're (1) fighting higher level enemies giving that much more experience each battle and (2) there's an abundance of 'leveling up' armor available for them. Just before the party change, I had Ivanka at 23 and Madae at 26. The others were 30+. Right now I'm concentrating on leveling up the individual spells and just letting the player levels take care of themselves. I'm hoping to get at least my favorite spells 12+.

Back to @kimo-Barry is the protagonist, so I always concentrate on him. I use him for healing and purification while trying to increase the offensive spells of the others. That said, his Heavenly Wrath, Zeal and Orcish Wrath all pack powerful punches. Do get those Genji gloves when you can. It makes a world of difference.

Ordinarily my next favorite player is the thief if there's one available. I like Yanna, but I don't really think of her much as a thief. Any item she can steal is an ordinary drop anyway (certain drop if boss) so you're just wasting a turn stealing. However, her Backstab spell is pretty good. Later she gets an Assassin spell, but you need 45 tp to use it so you definitely can't spam it. I think of her more as a ninja than a thief now.

You would expect Traz, being an orc, to be a powerhouse and he doesn't disappoint. No finesse, just whack 'em until they're dead. Use that Kick spell as often as you can. It doesn't do much in the beginning, but it gets more powerful with each increase and it's a freebie (you get another action right after) so there's no reason not to build it up.

Melody is my favorite, but I'm almost as partial to bards as I am to thieves. She has both healing on everyone and offensive on everyone, so she's a really valuable team player. Her Purification doesn't seem like much in the beginning, but it does seem that the chance of being successful increases with use.

So that's my two cents right now. My nephew is here now to pick me up for dinner. I'll check back in later.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:59 pm

holy cow you guys are all over it!

and hey darnit! Traz is the LIZARD KING! he's a lizard person!

(also Melody is probably my favorite as well) she's so diverse with her kit.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:21 pm

@Crawfors
Apologies to the lizards and Traz +::biggrin I've been thinking dragon +::lol

Anyway, I just wanted to check in with Lady JJ - you sound like you have spent more time quietly levelling up as you went along which is a great strategy. I got excited and rushed ahead because I was curious and then found I had to pause and do the grind! The skills seem to top out at 20 - so I agree - getting those up there is really helpful.

Once I got the party back together and at a sufficiently powerful level, I had to go back to the forest to pulverise those bloody pumpkins!! Call me vindictive but I really hated those enemies. Crawfors - you have managed to get an amazing array of enemies into this game. A fun invisible surprise around every corner +::O_o

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

Postby crawfors » Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:27 pm

hey i'm just trying to make good games that give people enjoyable experiences :)

like most of you- i played rpg's as a kid/young adult so to keep these going like this- it's all very near & dear to my heart.
crawfors
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:57 am

crawfors wrote:holy cow you guys are all over it!

and hey darnit! Traz is the LIZARD KING! he's a lizard person!

(also Melody is probably my favorite as well) she's so diverse with her kit.

Sorry. I was in a mad rush as my nephew arrived to pick me up when I was just halfway through writing that post. My apologies to the Lizard Kingdom. :razz:

@MerryX-I benefited from your earliest postings, so thank you for that. I am taking my time with the ordinary enemies balancing player levels and spell levels. Then, with bosses, I just go in for the kill.
Lady JJ
Ranger

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers