Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Arvale

Re: New RPG Game: Arvale

Postby Alikamou » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:19 am

Still stuck with the timing +::cry +::cry +::cry but gotta do it to continue +::grrr
Preference is keyboard but will take advice and skip Elixir cave. fyi, I always start with easy mode +:oops: but this timing is driving me up the wall +::lol +::lol +::lol
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Jaybot7 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:46 am

Timing? What timing?

I'm not sure I know exactly what you're referring to :) The first dungeon, DeMenchev runs from some spikes, then talks to a monkey with an optional tutorial. Then you walk around and find a puzzle with some columns where click on the top column, bottom column, second from top column, second from bottom column (if you do it out of order then it resets and you have to fight an enemy). If you do it right a bridge opens up. Then you walk across a bridge and get some thingy.

Walk around some more, and there is another puzzle where you open some treasure chests, not exactly sure of the order but there are some items at the bottom of the screen which spell it out. 4, 1, 3, 2 I think, but my memory is sketchy on the exact order. When all the chests are open you get another thingy.

Then you take the two thingies to the back/center of the dungeon and place them on statues, it opens a door and you do a boss fight, then there is some more cutscenes where you end up back in town and someone ends up sick and you have a choice of elixir cave or not and then... you go to Invyl, I think :)

Is there some timing thing in there?
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:06 am

Past all that. Went home and girl is sick. Need elixir. Is that the elixir cave? That's the timing thing. Shucks. I let the guy get a head start +::grrr But...still gonna try +::lol The map helps to try and map out the maze path to take. Just trying to dodge the baddies so I don't fight'em and have to start again at the front door. Made into to the second maze and got caught +::lol I'm gonna chance it for a few more rounds then go after the burglar.
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Jaybot7 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:30 pm

Aha! I knew it :) Yes, that is the Elixir cave.

There is also one really sneaky way to do it (it's a bit like cheating but, by this time is justified ;) ) if a monster is following you, go to the menu and save your game, reload the game and the monsters will be put back in their original position :)
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:33 am

That's especially where I'm slow +::lol Actually ended up giving up and just going back home to the message from...
I've started on that journey to wherever +::whistle +::music
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Jaybot7 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:49 am

That's okay, I usually skip it too ;)
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Jaybot7 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:38 pm

Back on Arvale: Treasure of Memories, I was recently was helping a player through the game and it looks like I made a mini-walkthrough for it. So, if anyone needs it:

From the start of the game, you need to exit the castle and visit the town just north of it, which is named Nikal. In that town, you should head to the house at the very north in the center and talk to an older man named Thell. Speak with him two or three times to be sure he is done talking. After talking with him, he will tell you to go back to the castle and speak with the king. Once you go back to the castle and speak with the King, the king will ask you to visit the forest.

You can go to the forest by exiting the castle and walking a little bit south and a little bit west. if you follow the path to the forest, there is a small tree in front of it. A '?' will pop up above Duncan's head when you are next to it. If you press enter when you are next to the tree, Duncan will say something like 'There is a tree blocking the entrance to the forest, but I can just walk around it' or similar. After Ducan says that, press Enter again and you will enter the forest.

Make your way through the forest and you will fight a werewolf. Once you defeat the werewolf, leave the forest and return to the King in the castle. Talk to the King and he will tell you to speak with the man in Nikal (the small town) one more time. Leave the castle and go to the town of Nikal (just north of the castle). Head to the house in the north-most part of the town in the center and speak with the older man inside. Nikal will talk a lot. Speak with him three or four times to be sure he is done speaking. Thell will ask you to head north and cross the river. To do this, you must enter a small hole on the right side of the river. Exit Nikal and head north to the river. Walk East along the river until you see a hole on the right side, walk in front of the hole and a '?' will appear, press enter and Duncan will enter the Aqueducts.

To get through the aqueducts, you need to walk to the right side of the map and find a switch on the right side, if you activate that switch it will create a bridge on back on the left side of the map. Walk back to the left side of the map and head north, there is bridge to cross and a treasure chest, when you open the treasure chest it will contain a key.

Once you have the key, head back to the right side of the map and then go up, there is a gate you can open. Open the gate and then head up, then left and you will run into a boss monster named Goro. Goro is quite strong, so you may need to level up if you have been running away from many monsters.

Once you defeat Goro, you can safely head left and then exit to the north. Once you exit the aqueducts, you will be on the north side of the river, head to the closest town of Arhaeldem and speak with many of the characters and upgrade your equipment at the armor shop if you have the gold.

From Arhaeldem, you should head to the northern part of the continent. In the north-west there is a thing that looks like a lake/waterfall. Go inside there and talk to everybody and pick up some items from chests. When you talk to Rufus, ask him about the Herb you are looking for. He will tell you to go Dhierce. Leave the waterfalls and you can go to the town of Dhierce, it is at the center of the continent in the north, near the ocean. You can talk with people and buy equipment or potions. The man you are looking for is in the Pub in the north east part of town. Talk to the man in the bottom left of the inside of the pub, he will tell you about a Dynawand. If you have the money, you can purchase it from him, but he then tells us we need a mage to use it! So we gotta go find a mage.

Leave Dhierce and head south, back towards Arhaeldem. Head West from there and there is a ruined town (surrounded by dead-looking trees), go inside there and there is a maze, work your way through the maze and talk to a girl wearing a bunny suit everytime you see her (she is always next to treasure chests). After you try talking to her 5 times, she runs away into the pub. Follow her into the pub, there is a cutscene and she tells you to follow her, do so. Talk to her once again, she gives you a key to enter the school (save your game), and then head inside the school. There will be a boss battle and some story and then she joins your party. Now you have a mage in your party!

Now you can do several things: Return to Arhaeldem and go to the pub and talk to the people sitting at the tables, one will give you a quest to get something from the desert, and another will ask you to talk to someone in Dhierce. Say yes to both of them. Head to the Desert just south of Arhaeldem. You need to walk around the map and find the wells. there are three main wells and they're pretty easy to find. Once you find them, press enter next to them and hit them with your spade. This will open up a gate to a 4th well in the bottom right section of the map. Head there (save your game) and have a boss battle. You will get an item. Take that item back to the lady in Arhaeldem and she will give you some experience and money.

Leave Arhaeldem and head back north to Dhierce. Return to the pub in town and talk to the man who has the Dynawand. Buy the Dynawand from him and he will give it to you and your mage character and explain how to use it. Leave the pub and search around the docks to the north. There should be a man near the water with a bunch of boxes lying around talk to him. He has a problem with delivering the stuff and your mage character will have an idea on how to fix it. She says to go all the way back to Nikal. Leave Dhierce and head south, across the bridge and into the town of Nikal (just north of the castle). Inside Nikal, visit the first house on the right side and talk to the man inside. After some story, you'll get an item. Take the item all the way back to Dhierce and talk to the man near the water. Give him the item you received in Nikal and he will give you his signature.

Leave Dhierce and return to Arhaledem. Go into the pub in Arhaeldem and talk to the man who gave you a quest. Give him the signature and he will give you some experience and some gold. Leave Arhaeldem and head back north to the waterfall area. Walk along near the waterfalls and you will find one watefall that has rocks near it. Press enter near it and Duncan will ask your mage character to use the Dynawand and a dungeon entrance will open. Head inside the cave and work your way through it, there will be a boss battle at the end. After defeating the boss, get the Herb. Some story, and then return to the town of Nikal to the south (just north of the castle).

Head to the northern most house in the center and talk to Thell once more. He will inform you that you need to go to another continent. Leave Nikal and return to Dhierce. In the house on the lower left there will be a sea captain. The captain needs a map from the King. Leave Dhierce and return to Entoque Castle. Speak with the King and he will give you the map. Take the map back to Dhierce and give it to the captain. Then head to the docks in the north part of town (there are two docks, take the one on the left side) and speak with the sailor near the boat. That should do it ;)

Let me know if there are any mistakes or if you have any questions :)
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:57 am

Great to have a fast walkthrough +::lol
Spoiler: show
especially since I mucked up the order to places and lived to see the end +::lol +::lol +::lol

At least I was able to get back on track to complete game +::Dance
Eagerly awaiting #2 +::Thumbup
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby AuntIggy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm eagerly awaiting #2 also. +::biggrin
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Jaybot7 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:15 am

Me too. I can't wait to finish making it so I can play it ;)

Not *too* much longer to wait :)
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby Alikamou » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:18 pm

The timing should be just right +::YAY Arvale II and Dreamscape in March +::O_o +::O_o +::O_o makes it a good month for gaming +::lol
Question: Is Arvale II going to have difficulty levels, too (easy and hard?) and here's the clincher...will it be regular screen sized? +::lol
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Jaybot7 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Arvale: Treasure of Memories, Episode II should be finished by the end of March, so I'm shooting for the first weekend of April. I think I'll keep it relatively simple like Episode I and hold off on having difficulty options, but with more dungeons and puzzles (and wheelbarrows). It will be just like Episode I in that you can enter full-screen mode at any time by pressing Alt+Enter :)

I'll also add a Full-Screen option to the brand new options menu (which has new neato controls for music, sfx, and the new mini-map stuff).
Jaybot7
Bard

Postby AuntIggy » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:53 pm

I am soooo looking forward to your game. +::clap I love the dialogue. Wait though. I thought it was going to be out by the end of March. +::O_o Hmmmmmmm. Ok. I can wait. +::biggrin April it will be then. I'm gonna hold you to it. +::grrr Hehehe
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”
― Abraham Lincoln
AuntIggy
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Alikamou » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:49 pm

I think jaybot really wants to play the game and have fun with it before we get to +::lol Talking to wheelbarrows, among other things, and the humorous dialogs have been great, let alone the music +::Thumbup Its given me the perfect lift in spirit when I need it, humor always does +::lol sigh...I'll wait for April +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Jaybot7 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:41 pm

Well, the end of March lands on a Wednesday, so I figured 3 more days to the weekend would be more festive time to release ;)
Jaybot7
Bard

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers