Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Tiranogg

Re: New RPG: Tiranogg

Postby Luchi » Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:03 am

@MerryX: Thank you very much! I'm really sorry the game doesn't have mouse support but all of my future games will definitely feature it :) And please have fun with it! :D

@kimo: lol yeah. I wanted to do a food pun for one of the smelliest cheeses in the world XD

@Lady JJ: Wow, minimum of 15 hours, really XD I seriously underestimated the play-time then. Better bang for the platers buck if it really will take them an average of 25 hours :D Again, I'm glad you enjoyed playing the game. It makes me so happy to see players enjoying something I put my heart and soul into.

I'm really happy to announce that the new Quest Journal does not corrupt old saves. +::YAY Once I test everything again (with my old saves) and add in the world map + get rid of the little glitches, it'll be good to go, hopefully by the weekend. +::biggrin
Luchi
Peasant

Postby ZuluKat » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:13 pm

Well, I started again after getting the guide. It did give some good info I missed. Edited this as my problem was solved.
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby jazmine » Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:44 pm

Hello,

Would someone please tell me how to make the game full screen?
Thanks you in advance
jazmine
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:21 am

jazmine wrote:Hello,

Would someone please tell me how to make the game full screen?
Thanks you in advance

Alt-Enter
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby Rabbit » Sat Nov 06, 2021 1:55 am

Hi, I'm playing this too. So far, very enjoyable! :)

I love exploring the big open world and that there are lots of things to do and find that are off the beaten path. However, exploring around, either trying to figure out where to go next or trying to find more hidden goodies has gotten me into trouble.

It's possible to cross over the large capitol city (without entering it) when we first find it, and visit places I realized we aren't supposed to go yet. Later, after my first battle with Indech in Connand Tower, I wandered into the Temple of Fonteini... where Patrick made a big reveal about himself, and referred to a conversation with a sage and a visit to the Sidhe that hadn't happened yet in my game. I guess I missed a couple big chunks of story? I was planning to play again more thoroughly after I finished a first playthrough, but maybe I have enough reason to start over now. (Don't worry, it will still be fun.)

I see that an update is coming soon. A map sounds really good. Laine is definitely the kind of person who would know where things are. And a quest journal will be a big help for players like me who get confused after exploring around too much.

Also, for little bugs to squash: talking to the ferry ticket-takers from the wrong direction is another one of those interactions that makes the game freeze.
Rabbit
Mercenary

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:13 pm

@Rabbit
I think this is definitely a game I will replay, so I am waiting for the upload and then playing again in the future. The guide for this game will keep you from wandering (I did that a lot, too) in the current absence of a Quest Log. I don't like using the guide as a crutch and it has gotten me in trouble a couple of times like when I encountered the Cavern Wyrm without having everyone fully healed.

@LadyJJ
Thanks for the advice in your earlier post about Guarding to restore HP/MP. It works great as a strategy if used properly. I don't typically use Guard in games.

For anyone seeking a game of serious length, I am at 14 hours and I think about 1/2 way through it. I just finished the Research Facility and am on my way to get my butt kicked by a giant lizard called Tyrannos. Okay, I play a bit slow and think about strategy especially when learning new skills.

Save your money in this game 'cause there is lots of expensive stuff for sale (but trading is your best option when possible) and save your monster drops for trading, I don't want to sell anything, but I probably should get rid of some early armor and weapons acquired.

This game is certainly a challenge for most battles and I think well balanced except for restorative items availability. But that has caused me to strategize my approach to encounters.

EDIT: I'm now stuck to the point I had to read the guide for what's next. Boy, I need a map!

Lanna has joined the party and I am supposed to go talk to Gus in Mogria, but I cannot get there. How do you get back to Gus without travelling the Research Center? This is where the game gets confusing at times. A general map should be included in the Guide. In fact, where the heck is Mogria? I had to take a couple of days off from playing and I have totally forgotten where anything is located. +::Dunno
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:58 pm

@Rabbit
I think this is definitely a game I will replay, so I am waiting for the upload and then playing again in the future. The guide for this game will keep you from wandering (I did that a lot, too) in the current absence of a Quest Log. I don't like using the guide as a crutch and it has gotten me in trouble a couple of times like when I encountered the Cavern Wyrm without having everyone fully healed.

@LadyJJ
Thanks for the advice in your earlier post about Guarding to restore HP/MP. It works great as a strategy if used properly. I don't typically use Guard in games.

For anyone seeking a game of serious length, I am at 14 hours and I think about 1/2 way through it. I just finished the Research Facility and am on my way to get my butt kicked by a giant lizard called Tyrannos. Okay, I play a bit slow and think about strategy especially when learning new skills.

Save your money in this game 'cause there is lots of expensive stuff for sale (but trading is your best option when possible) and save your monster drops for trading, I don't want to sell anything, but I probably should get rid of some early armor and weapons acquired.

This game is certainly a challenge for most battles and I think well balanced except for restorative items availability. But that has caused me to strategize my approach to encounters.

EDIT: I'm now stuck to the point I had to read the guide for what's next. Boy, I need a map!

Lanna has joined the party and I am supposed to go talk to Gus in Mogria, but I cannot get there. How do you get back to Gus without travelling the Research Center? This is where the game gets confusing at times. A general map should be included in the Guide. In fact, where the heck is Mogria? I had to take a couple of days off from playing and I have totally forgotten where anything is located. +::Dunno

Laine comment she needs to talk with Dano, Dugo or some NPC with 4 letters before she can leave, but when talking with the NPC only "Good Luck" is offered. What have I not done in the correct order? Did I break something? +::wizard

I going to see the Eternals now. Hopefully someone can set me straight in a few hours.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby ZuluKat » Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:58 pm

Wow! Just finished and first I really liked the ambiance of this game. Music, characters, loved the orginal artwork, and the battles are just how I like them really strategizing the fights. I leveled up to almost max for some of the characters. Yeah, I ran all over the place which in the end was fun to get all the loot to have supplies. Will wait for new update when it's available for future playing. This is definitely a re-playable investment. I had sooooooo much fun playing this game!!!
kimo wrote:@Rabbit

@LadyJJ

Laine comment she needs to talk with Dano, Dugo or some NPC with 4 letters before she can leave, but when talking with the NPC only "Good Luck" is offered. What have I not done in the correct order? Did I break something? +::wizard

I going to see the Eternals now. Hopefully someone can set me straight in a few hours.
+

Go to Mogria to the left of where you buy the ores the alley there and on the left side you'll see a "?" go through there.
Btw it was me who said to guard +::whistle
ZuluKat
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:01 pm

kimo wrote:Lanna has joined the party and I am supposed to go talk to Gus in Mogria, but I cannot get there. How do you get back to Gus without travelling the Research Center? This is where the game gets confusing at times. A general map should be included in the Guide. In fact, where the heck is Mogria? I had to take a couple of days off from playing and I have totally forgotten where anything is located. +::Dunno

Mogria is a 2-block city north of Relyt's Abode (where Danu resides). To get there, go to the tower just to the left and above the sparkle that lets you choose between Lothlorien Valley and Relyt's Abode. Enter the tower and pass through the next doorway (no climbing up the tower, not even sure that's possible) and that will get you to the land further north. Mogria is northeast of there. When you exited Gus' armory the first time, a blocker was removed so now you can enter from / exit to the town itself. Go up to the wall where the guards are standing, near the Item Shop and go to the left corner. You'll see a ?. This is your secret passage to/from Gus.

Where are you that you can't leave? You have Ianna? Have you met up with the pirate yet? My guess is Gus will give you what you need. It would have been better if the NPC's would give you better clues to guide you which is why a Quest Journal is a must to have for this game.

Edit-BTW, there is a world map on the very last page of the guide. I finished the game before I found it. +::cry
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:45 pm

@LadyJJ
Thank you sooooo much. I never knew there was a map in the back of the guide. That has "changed the game" hugely.

I just met the captain and have entered the desert area for some Wyrm hunting. I'm broke again after buying the Ninja outfit, so I will be looking for baddies to kick butt.

This game just keeps getting better. The story line is also great.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Luchi » Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:46 am

I'm so glad everyone is really enjoying Tiranogg :D

The new version is available for download as well! It includes a simple journal and all bug fixes mentioned in this thread. Again, thank you for your helpful comments and insight! +::YAY

Next stop is Steam! +::Dance
Luchi
Peasant

Postby kimo » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:11 pm

There is a Boss Battle in the Sakram Desert Cave behind where the Wyrm was defeated and available after acquiring the Pirate. The guide says it is impossible to win without using a specific item. Good thing I don't read ahead most times. I would never had known I was "supposed" to lose. +::fear

I beat the Boss Battle at the end of the cave with the following party:
Spoiler: show
Laine at Lvl 29 with her Fragach Sword, Patrick at Lvl 30 with the Nilheim 3 tome and using its spell, Lanna at Lvl 24 using her Curse and Arcane 2 spells, and Trabant at Lvl 24 using his Frenzy spell and his original Axes (Hero and Silver).

Trabant is an absolute berserker and cannot be controlled when using this spell. But don't forget to save before this fight and don't blame me if you die. +::cry
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:56 pm

So wheres the overworld map in the new version?
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:34 pm

blumyst wrote:So wheres the overworld map in the new version?

Open the folder where you installed the game. There are several files there. Look for the file named tairngire copy.png. Open it up with any image program. My default is Windows Photos. It's just a map of the overworld, but it is helpful.
Lady JJ
Bounty Hunter

Postby blumyst » Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:34 pm

thankyou ladyJJ!
blumyst
Bounty Hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers