Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Knight Bewitched

Re: New RPG: Knight Bewitched

Postby jkweath » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:11 pm

Madmar wrote:Okay, found the fonts folder. There is a font oldsh, just that, no TTF. I have installed that and there is no improvement. So I uninstalled the game to reinstall it and don't know how to install from a zip file. Now I have no game at all. I would like to download the game in playable form that I can access. Please advise

All you should need to do is extract the ZIP file in the same folder that you installed the game to originally. Assuming you have a free ZIP extractor, such as 7-ZIP (it's a quick and easy download), just right click the folder and select "extract here" and "yes to all" when asked to overwrite the original folder. This is so your save data will carry over. Afterward a shortcut will be in the folder that you can select to run the game.

Assuming that's done and the text problem is still present, plan B is to change the font itself. Back in the fonts folder I mentioned previously, there's a file called "gamefont". Open that up in Notepad, and inside you'll see this text:

@font-face {
font-family: GameFont;
src: url("oldsh.ttf");
}

Notice the bolded portion. You're going to erase that and replace it with the text mplus-1m-regular. This will change the font to one that is more readable and shouldn't have the distortions. Let me know if this solves the issue; if somehow it doesn't, we'll have to try downloading an entirely new font for the game to use.

diannew wrote:Have Arcanite ore. Where do I go next.

Arcanite Ore can be taken to a blacksmith on an island to the northwest once you have the ship. There'll be a sidequest for you to do after that. A miniguide is included in the game's installation folder that has more info on this quest if you need it.
jkweath
Bard

Postby Madmar » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:38 pm

Now the game won't open. Black screen 'NOW LOADING" and nothing. +::surrender
Madmar
Explorer

Postby jkweath » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:57 pm

Madmar wrote:Now the game won't open. Black screen 'NOW LOADING" and nothing. +::surrender

My bad, I left out a few letters in the instructions above. Open up the Gamefont file again and make sure the bolded area I pointed out above says mplus-1m-regular.ttf. Forgot to include the "ttf" part.
jkweath
Bard

Postby Shotz! » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:43 am

Hello,
I am in Morgoth's Cave. I have made it through most of the puzzles, but am stuck in the room with 2 stars and 3 blocks. any helpful hints? +::sos
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby jkweath » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:23 am

Shotz! wrote:Hello,
I am in Morgoth's Cave. I have made it through most of the puzzles, but am stuck in the room with 2 stars and 3 blocks. any helpful hints? +::sos

Sure thing!

Move the leftmost block right, up, right, down and right again. Move the topmost block left.

I'll let you take it from there, but if you still have trouble I'll give you the full solution :)
jkweath
Bard

Postby Shotz! » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:53 pm

jkweath wrote:
Shotz! wrote:Hello,

Sure thing!

Move the leftmost block right, up, right, down and right again. Move the topmost block left.

I'll let you take it from there, but if you still have trouble I'll give you the full solution :)

Thanks so much!! That helped! +::YAY
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby Madmar » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:59 pm

Okay, the game is loading again but the initial problem persists. The text remains garbled. I have never had a problem like this before and had looked forward to playing the game which others seem to be enjoying. I honestly do not understand why I am having this problem but I am about to give up.
Madmar
Explorer

Postby jkweath » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:26 pm

Madmar wrote:Okay, the game is loading again but the initial problem persists. The text remains garbled. I have never had a problem like this before and had looked forward to playing the game which others seem to be enjoying. I honestly do not understand why I am having this problem but I am about to give up.

You're not the only one! I've never heard of anyone having issues with garbled or unreadable text in games until now +:::|

I've been searching on the internet (AKA Googling) for people who've had issues like yours for any game - apparently it's not a common problem but it's very frustrating for those who've had it, so I understand where you're coming from.

We could try downloading and using a different font, but at this point I don't think the font is the problem. Assuming you're using a newer version of Windows (8 or 10, but these should apply to 7 as well), There's two more things we can try that involve checking the settings on your computer itself:

1. Right click on your desktop and select Display Settings. If you're using Windows 7, there should be a tab on the left somewhere called "Adjust Cleartype Text". If you're running Windows 8 or 10, you can just type "Cleartype" in the search bar and it'll pop up.

Either way make sure Cleartype is turned on and and go through the wizard.

2. Navigate to the game's installation folder once again. This time, right click "Game.exe" and select Properties. Under the Compatibility tab, check the "Run this program as an administrator" box and also make sure the 'Disable display scaling on high DPI settings' checkbox is ticked. If you're on a newer version of Windows, you'll need to click Change High DPI Settings and check the box by "Override High DPI Scaling Behavior".

If neither of these solutions work then I'll have to continue researching to see if there's any other possible solution.

Edit: figured if these two steps fail and you're willing to try another font (I know I said it probably isn't the font that's the problem, but IMO it's still worth a shot to to try again), here's instructions on how to install a font that comes pre-installed with Windows:

1. Navigate to C:\Windows\Fonts and find the Georgia font. Right click and copy it. Now navigate back to the 'Fonts' folder for Knight Bewitched, right click there and paste. Four fonts will appear, but in our case we only need the default 'Georgia' font.

2. Open up the Gamefont file mentioned previously, and where you previously typed mplus-1m-regular.ttf, erase that and type in georgia.ttf. Save it and try running the game again.
jkweath
Bard

Postby kimo » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:01 pm

Okay, playing the demo now and it is typical of what I enjoy in a game. So, I bought it.

Hopefully, those comments about fonts, etc. won't affect me. That is one of the reason to use installers so you can be assured that the True Type fonts are installed.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby jkweath » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:57 am

kimo wrote:Okay, playing the demo now and it is typical of what I enjoy in a game. So, I bought it.

Hopefully, those comments about fonts, etc. won't affect me. That is one of the reason to use installers so you can be assured that the True Type fonts are installed.

Great to hear! Let me know if you need help with anything :)
jkweath
Bard

Postby txpeach » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:42 pm

I'm in the Land of Dragons. Have been through all the caves (many times) and have the 2 Arcanite Ores from here. My Quest Log says I'm to be here and get a Dragonite Ore. How do I find it?
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby jkweath » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:58 pm

txpeach wrote:I'm in the Land of Dragons. Have been through all the caves (many times) and have the 2 Arcanite Ores from here. My Quest Log says I'm to be here and get a Dragonite Ore. How do I find it?

The Dragonite ore is located on a larger mountain within the Land of Dragons. If you need help finding it there's a miniguide included with the game files (just called miniguide.pdf) that has a map of the entire area.
jkweath
Bard

Postby txpeach » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:39 pm

I am on the 2nd level of the Midnight Desert Path. I used the mini-guide to help. I have lit so many blue pyres. Never seen a pyramid but I've seen a building with a teleport to the world map on it's right side. I have wandered, lit pyres, and I'm hopeless lost. Seems like the map keeps scrolling back upon itself. I even Googled the shap heptagon so I knew what to look for but I can't seem to get out of this endless loop. Please help!
txpeach
Wanderer

Postby jkweath » Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:48 pm

txpeach wrote:I am on the 2nd level of the Midnight Desert Path. I used the mini-guide to help. I have lit so many blue pyres. Never seen a pyramid but I've seen a building with a teleport to the world map on it's right side. I have wandered, lit pyres, and I'm hopeless lost. Seems like the map keeps scrolling back upon itself. I even Googled the shap heptagon so I knew what to look for but I can't seem to get out of this endless loop. Please help!

I uploaded the map of the region here:

https://imgur.com/a/tS1w9vN

The pyres are all along the stone path. There are 9 total, with two of them being at the building itself. Let me know if this helps! (Also, the pyramid is that building in the middle with the teleporter next to it)
jkweath
Bard

Postby txpeach » Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:41 pm

jkweath wrote:I uploaded the map of the region here:

https://imgur.com/a/tS1w9vN

The pyres are all along the stone path. There are 9 total, with two of them being at the building itself. Let me know if this helps! (Also, the pyramid is that building in the middle with the teleporter next to it)

The two at the building were the ones I was missing! Light too small to see. Thanks for the help!
txpeach
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Games from other Developers