Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Batodon

Re: Batodon

Postby darkange » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:19 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I think Darkange had it right. Whoever delivers the killing blow/tech. That would mean it's not random.

When Indy said not random ... I thought about "not Random pendragon " lol
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby RAndrews » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:46 am

darkange wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:I think Darkange had it right. Whoever delivers the killing blow/tech. That would mean it's not random.

I think darkange might be right :) I've just killed it twice; the first time Caius learnt Gravitabomb, the second time Penelope - and I know that Busho delivered the killing blow the second time.
This is my second play through and Busho got it in the first playthrough - I'm going to try and get it for him this time too, though he has got hammerhead this time which he hadn't the first :)
RAndrews
Bard

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:07 am

RAndrews wrote:
darkange wrote:

I think darkange might be right :) I've just killed it twice; the first time Caius learnt Gravitabomb, the second time Penelope - and I know that Busho delivered the killing blow the second time.
This is my second play through and Busho got it in the first playthrough - I'm going to try and get it for him this time too, though he has got hammerhead this time which he hadn't the first :)

Gravitabomb and Hammerhold, both very good spells against annoying monsters and bosses +::clap
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:39 pm

Indinera wrote:Gravitabomb and Hammerhold, both very good spells against annoying monsters and bosses +::clap

What I have found is that it is more useful having both Gravitabomb and Hammerhold being learned by Busho. They don't equally work as well, especially against bosses. For instance, hammerhold is almost useless against Batadon (less than 1000 damage) while gravitabomb deals 3000-5000 damage each time. I've found the same to be true where hammerhold is the far better choice. Caius already has Mace of Megadeath and Gadameon.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby kimo » Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:14 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
Indinera wrote:Gravitabomb and Hammerhold, both very good spells against annoying monsters and bosses +::clap

What I have found is that it is more useful having both Gravitabomb and Hammerhold being learned by Busho. They don't equally work as well, especially against bosses. For instance, hammerhold is almost useless against Batadon (less than 1000 damage) while gravitabomb deals 3000-5000 damage each time. I've found the same to be true where hammerhold is the far better choice. Caius already has Mace of Megadeath and Gadameon.

I agree with Busho acquiring both if possible, but has anyone figured it out?

Indy says "not random" and Caius has been given the skill both games before. I didn't pay attention to the "killing blow" on a previous game, but Genevieve just surprisingly delivered the killing blow and Caius received the spell/skill. +::Dunno

I can't believe I'm gonna have to fight that slimy thing again. +::cry

EDIT!!!!
I think I have it figured out. Why did 1 person have the Gravitabomb spell given to Busho twice and I had it given to Caius twice?

The clue to who is given the spell is secretly in the spell's formula. The problem is that you need someone to get the spell to get the formula. He isn't called the Trickster for nuttin. :razz:

For those who don't want to figure this out on their own here is what I know
Spoiler: show
I noticed the spell's damage is based upon the ratio of available HP to MHP. Since I keep all my permanent stat items until the party splits, I had 2 items that increased Busho's MHP to 12 points higher than Caius. But, the first time with the Slime King, Busho's available HP was lower than the second time because he had taken considerable bleeding damage. A lower HP/MHP ratio caused Caius to be given the spell. The second time fighting the Slime King I made sure Busho was maxed out on HP and let Caius' HP go down to make sure. Sure enough, Busho was given the spell.

I do not know if its a calculation based upon just a basic ratio of available HP and MHP. In other words, can Busho get the spell if his MHP is lower than Caius, but Caius' available HP/MHP ratio is a lower mathematical ratio than Busho?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:05 am

Spoiler: show
You're getting close!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Batadon

Postby kimo » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:04 pm

darkange wrote:
kimo wrote:Interesting about "Frenzy". I would rather have it given to someone who relies heavily on TP.

Then I got really lucky cause the first time was also available for Genevieve ... but the second time the orc killed my Caius ... so he got Frenzy - frenzy is incredibly useful on him - at later levels he also hits hard 4 times with his mace and his TP fuels up so fast ... like at least 30 TP gain from one frenzy use in a battle.

Thanks @darkange. I let Caius die by letting other characters guard and healing with only single person items. I only had Caius attack with his basic weapon and then finished off the Orc once Caius had died. +::cry

Guess what? Caius got the Frenzy spell thanks to your comments that I followed. I am not sure how it is determined who gets the spell, but this seems to work. +::Dance +::clap
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:44 pm

kimo wrote:Guess what? Caius got the Frenzy spell thanks to your comments that I followed. I am not sure how it is determined who gets the spell, but this seems to work. +::Dance +::clap

It's whoever has the lowest HP at the end of the fight.

What I did was to have everyone guard/heal themselves except the one I wanted to get the skill, and then when Caius/Busho was lower than Genevieve (who natively has the lowest HP), had everyone pile in and finish the Orc off in one turn. I also gave that character the Trilyad, as that increases the chances of being hit.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:56 pm

darkange wrote:Then I got really lucky cause the first time was also available for Genevieve ... but the second time the orc killed my Caius ... so he got Frenzy

kimo wrote:I noticed the spell's damage is based upon the ratio of available HP to MHP. Since I keep all my permanent stat items until the party splits, I had 2 items that increased Busho's MHP to 12 points higher than Caius. But, the first time with the Slime King, Busho's available HP was lower than the second time because he had taken considerable bleeding damage. A lower HP/MHP ratio caused Caius to be given the spell. The second time fighting the Slime King I made sure Busho was maxed out on HP and let Caius' HP go down to make sure. Sure enough, Busho was given the spell.

I do not know if its a calculation based upon just a basic ratio of available HP and MHP. In other words, can Busho get the spell if his MHP is lower than Caius, but Caius' available HP/MHP ratio is a lower mathematical ratio than Busho?

littlebro wrote:It's whoever has the lowest HP at the end of the fight.

What I did was to have everyone guard/heal themselves except the one I wanted to get the skill, and then when Caius/Busho was lower than Genevieve (who natively has the lowest HP), had everyone pile in and finish the Orc off in one turn. I also gave that character the Trilyad, as that increases the chances of being hit.

You guys give the term 'getting your most of your money/exploration out of an rpg' to a whole different level!!
+::YAY +::biggrin +::Thumbup +::clap
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby littlebro » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:37 am

Lady JJ wrote:You guys give the term 'getting your most of your money/exploration out of an rpg' to a whole different level!!

In polite circles, it's called being prudent with one's expenditure by maximising the returns.
In less polite circles, it's called squeezing the lemon until the pips squeek.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:08 am

littlebro wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:You guys give the term 'getting your most of your money/exploration out of an rpg' to a whole different level!!

In polite circles, it's called being prudent with one's expenditure by maximising the returns.
In less polite circles, it's called squeezing the lemon until the pips squeek.

But, worth it! +::clap

Darn game with its darn secrets!! :razz:
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MONCHA5 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:46 am

So, it is impossible to kill batodon with cassius? +::cry +::grrr +::cry
MONCHA5
Explorer

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Oct 31, 2020 1:18 am

MONCHA5 wrote:So, it is impossible to kill batodon with cassius? +::cry +::grrr +::cry

Oh, no, not at all. Caius is a very strong fighter. He's more than capable of killing Batadon.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby kimo » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:16 am

MONCHA5 wrote:So, it is impossible to kill batodon with cassius? +::cry +::grrr +::cry

My very first post on this topic was about using Busho's party, not Casius. It is considered the "alternative" ending and might take you more than once to defeat Batodon when trying to use Busho's party against the thing. Follow my original advice if you are attempting this with Busho in a future game.

@LadyJJ is correct that this is comparatively easy with when using Caius compared to using Busho. But it ain't no walk in the park either.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Previous

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions