Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

VOLCANO MERCHANT

VOLCANO MERCHANT

Postby diklazam » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:39 pm

lady JJ wrote:
The merchant will only award you with the MPP pack if you’ve spent a total of 10,000G, so be sure to do that. It might be worth it to purchase 2 Titan’s Plates and 1 Moltenhart (for Caius or Nyx). Remember to choose the MPP pack, not the FPP or the SPP.

I went to the merchant after I won in the ARENA the 10000g, with Nyx in my party, so now I had 17,600 g. I bought from the merchant severl weapons, now I have 3,000g and yet he says nothing more than he have best weapon, etc.
and on top of it I forgot to save after the fight in the Arena so I have to do it again.
What am I doing wrong with the merchant?
diklazam
Bounty Hunter

Re: VOLCANO MERCHANT

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:45 pm

diklazam wrote:lady JJ wrote:
The merchant will only award you with the MPP pack if you’ve spent a total of 10,000G, so be sure to do that. It might be worth it to purchase 2 Titan’s Plates and 1 Moltenhart (for Caius or Nyx). Remember to choose the MPP pack, not the FPP or the SPP.

I went to the merchant after I won in the ARENA the 10000g, with Nyx in my party, so now I had 17,600 g. I bought from the merchant severl weapons, now I have 3,000g and yet he says nothing more than he have best weapon, etc.
and on top of it I forgot to save after the fight in the Arena so I have to do it again.
What am I doing wrong with the merchant?

I'm not sure. Did you make individual purchases or did you purchase all the items without exiting? Maybe if you buy a weapon for less than $10000 and exit back to armors and buy an armor for less than $10000, it won't register because it wasn't $10000 total for a single sale? That's the only thought I have at the moment. I'll try to load up save and see if I can duplicate this.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby diklazam » Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:51 pm

I'll try it again. I purchase every time one item, various - both shields and weapons. every time I added something.

And one more question. I have twice quest 47 - one is quest complited and the other - quest 47 - "ARENA WIN" and the
quest is - be an arena champion.

so it is not complit quest.

May be this is after Indy fix the bug. because I have 2 quests no. 47.
diklazam
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:03 pm

diklazam wrote:I'll try it again. I purchase every time one item, various - both shields and weapons. every time I added something.

And one more question. I have twice quest 47 - one is quest complited and the other - quest 47 - "ARENA WIN" and the
quest is - be an arena champion.

so it is not complit quest.

May be this is after Indy fix the bug. because I have 2 quests no. 47.

I know that bug was mentioned before, and I think Indy fixed it. I don't know for sure if it's fixed, though, as I am still working on my complete second playthrough with the latest version.

What I do know is that I changed versions mid playthrough while I was working on the ice shrine and evil shrine walkthroughs and that totally messed up the quests, so I'm thinking the quest numbering was indeed fixed in a later version. If you decide to upgrade to a later version, keep your most current save file in a safe place in case your quests get all crazy with the upgrade.

I did find a prior save that I could easily visit the merchant right after the split. You have to purchase a total of $10000 in one sale in order to receive the goodies. You can buy a weapon, then exit back to armor and buy some armor, BUT you cannot exit entirely out of that shopping scenario (i.e. exit back to the merchant room) before you've bought a total of $10000. It has to be done in a single sale. It doesn't have to be on your first visit, though. You can return and do it later, even if you bought something prior, spend at least $10000 in a single sale, and you'll be rewarded.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby diklazam » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:10 pm

Thanks a lot. I try.

I did it. thanks Lady JJ.

I am playing again the latest game.
diklazam
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:38 pm

Glad to see the issues were solved! +::heart