Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

New Game +

Re: New Game +

Postby MerryX » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:46 pm

Indy wrote:
The reward is based on the mode of difficulty you picked instead. Higher difficulty -> more and better relics!

You mean I'm going to have to do a play mode other than "Easy" if I want the chance of more and better relics? Bummer +::Annoyed

Okay...[sigh]...and while I have your attention Indy, what are the steps I need to take to start a "normal" new game (not a NG+)? I tried to follow what kimo was saying earlier but couldn't get it +:oops:

I won't be able to get into it straight away as normal life is going to interfere for a week or so, but once I'm finished I'd like to get straight back into it - so I want to be prepared +::Thumbup
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:57 am

You mean I'm going to have to do a play mode other than "Easy" if I want the chance of more and better relics? Bummer +::Annoyed

To get them from the start, yep.
They are the same relic you can get in the game though.

Okay...[sigh]...and while I have your attention Indy, what are the steps I need to take to start a "normal" new game (not a NG+)? I tried to follow what kimo was saying earlier but couldn't get it +:oops:

Launch the game and pick START.

I won't be able to get into it straight away as normal life is going to interfere for a week or so, but once I'm finished I'd like to get straight back into it - so I want to be prepared

+::Thumbup
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MerryX » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:02 am

Indy wrote:

Okay...I think I can manage that ;) +::biggrin
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:11 am

MerryX wrote:
Indy wrote:

Okay...I think I can manage that ;) +::biggrin

I should have made it a quest in itself :)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MerryX » Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:45 am

Indy wrote:
I should have made it a quest in itself :)

Oh Indy...I feel so stupid +:oops: You're quite right - Quest #55 (or whatever) Start New Game - FAIL +::cry
I have a few excellent excuses I can run past you for my denseness:
a) I'm busy - who isn't? +::O_o
b) I've only been hitting "Continue" and not paying attention to the rest of the Start Menu - unobservant dolt? +:::|
c) I wasn't stopping and thinking - rushing too much? +::stop
d) Any (or all) of the above
Spoiler: show
Answer (d) - yep, that's the winner ;)
MerryX
Explorer

Postby Indinera » Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:03 am

Glad to hear it wasn't yet another bug +::surrender +::biggrin
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:41 pm

Well, clearly, I am still of the dense variety, because I cannot figure out how to load New Game+
I saved the game when prompted, the save site is listed as 'In Memorium.' When I load that game, I get a choice of Leave now? Yes / No. If I choose Yes, I am returned to the party (inside the snowman, I might add). I talk to Penelope, and then I'm given a choice of Continue partying? / Wait for time to pass?

If I choose Continue Partying, nothing happens, I'm still at the party and I can talk to the characters. I can't access the menu, so I go back to Penelope. This time, when she gives me a choice of Continue Partying? / Wait for time to pass?, I choose Wait for time to pass. This brings me to the main menu, so I choose Continue, and load the saved game 'In Memorium.' Once again, I'm given the option Leave now? Yes / No, so I chose No. I get the stats screen, I now get to a Save screen with New Game+ seemingly being one of the options, but, since I'm in the Save screen (not the load screen), I can't access New Game+. So I exit out, go back to the Load screen, select that game 'In Memorium' and I'm right back where I started with the Leave now? Yes / No option.

This is very frustrating. It's not that I want to play a New Game+ all the way through, I was just curious as to how it works. So.... since I really couldn't make the ending work for me, I decided to make up my own. Keep in mind, some of the 'humor' here is not mine, but what I perceive to be Indy's.

===============================================================================

Scene: Party
Genevieve inside complaining about being cold
Nyx and Audrey regaling each other with stories of adventure
Busho and Lilith getting to know each other a little more personally

Cutscene to Penelope and Caius
Sage: You should be so proud and happy, Caius. You have saved the world from certain destruction.
Caius: I am, I guess. (Thinks-I guess this wouldn't be a good time to ask her about her age.) Yeah, sure, I'm happy. Happy, happy, happy, that's me.
Sage: And yet you don't feel the job is complete?
Caius: How do you know that?
Sage: Well, I am a sage after all.
Caius: Marlyn. I wanted to save Marlyn. I wish one of us could have found her, brought her back, you know. Despite everything, I cared for her.
Sage: You cared for her or you cared for her adulation for you?
Caius: Both, I guess.
Caius saunters off

Cutscene to Lilith and Busho
Lilith: I must return to my forest. It's where I belong.
Busho: I could belong anywhere, so long as I could find some solitude, and I had you by my side. (Busho remembers Lilith kissing him on his cheek by the sword in the stone.) Busho blushes.
Lilith: I could kiss you again, you know. Maybe not on your cheek this time?
Busho: How did you know that's what I was remembering?
Lilith: We elves are far superior to you humans in reading emotions.
Busho: Yeah, well, we humans are far superior to you elves in acting upon emotions. Shall we leave?
Lilith: Lead the way.

Cutscene to Caius and Genevieve
Caius: What will you do now, Genevieve?
Genevieve: Oh, I'll probably go back to Master Z's. I'm not good at doing much else.

Caius: Not good? Genevieve, you helped to save the world!
Genevieve: I didn't really do much, and I think my being slow and clumsy held you back.

Caius: Slow and clumsy? Do you think we could have managed without you? That zombie spell saved us more times than I can count.
Genevieve: Really? You really think I did a good job? (Genevieve swells with pride.)
let GenSwell = GenSwell + 1

<if Karim's bounty collected>
Caius: And what about spotting Karim's wife on the rooftop? We would have never gotten all that gold without you.
Genevieve: Aww, gee, Caius... (Genevieve swells with pride again.)
var GenSwell = GenSwell + 1
<end if>

Caius: Not to mention that witchcraft spell. We couldn't have made it through that volcano without you.
Genevieve: You really thought that helped? (Genevieve swells with pride even more)

<if Genevieve learned Fairy Dash>
Caius: And Busho told me you were his party's main healer after we split.
Genevieve: It wasn't so much. Just a spell. But I AM good with spells. (Genevieve swells with ever so much more pride.)
<end if>

<if GenSwell >= 3>
Genevieve: Oops! Guess I swelled too much. (Genevieve blushes and does an immediate clothing adjustment.)
Caius: Hey, don't adjust on my account!
<end if>

Caius: Come to think of it, we wouldn't be here without you, Genevieve.
Genevieve: I didn't even want to be here. I wanted to be at the beach.
Caius: I'll buy you a bikini if you'll let me take you to the beach, Geneve.
Genevieve: (Blushes, thinks-He called me Geneve, but I like it coming from him.) I'd like to go to the beach with you Cairo, but as your girlfriend, not as your slave. You are NOT my master!
Caius: My girlfriend, Genevieve. Let's go.

Caius and Genevieve exit the cabin.

Cutscene Caius and Genevieve outside the cabin.
Caius: Hey, where'd Penelope go?
Genevieve: I don't know. Wasn't she standing right there?
<zoom to gray haired, wrinkled, elderly female NPC using a staff as her cane-but with a distinct twinkle in her eye>
Caius: Yeah, well, there's no one there now but some old boomer. Come on, Geneve, we're off to the beach!
Genevieve: Woohoo!

Well, that's how my mind played it out, anyway! :)
Last edited by Lady JJ on Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby kimo » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:44 pm

Good ending idea.

New Game + is indeed a bit tricky.
1. Open up the save file with Location "In Memorium"
2. Leave Now? Answer "No"
3. After stats screen is shown, choose "Save" from menu choices
4. "New Game+" option will appear above the character pictures

I tried the New Game+ and the dialog does not seem to change from the original playthrough. Marlyn was talking but wasn't in the party. You do get to select your party of 4 from 8 available characters. But I could only choose 1 relic (I would study those icons if it matters). I also had no items so hoarding from a previous save makes no point. I play in normal mode and my characters were basically naked without armor, weapons, etc. Unfortunately, there were no bouncing boobies or manly pecs. +::biggrin

BTW, your walkthroughs are both excellent. A smart person would cut and paste them into a word file for future use. +::Thumbup
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:07 pm

kimo wrote:Good ending idea.

I tried the New Game+ and the dialog does not seem to change from the original playthrough. Marlyn was talking but wasn't in the party. You do get to select your party of 4 from 8 available characters. But I could only choose 1 relic (I would study those icons if it matters). I also had no items so hoarding from a previous save makes no point. I play in normal mode and my characters were basically naked without armor, weapons, etc. Unfortunately, there were no bouncing boobies or manly pecs. +::biggrin

BTW, your walkthroughs are both excellent. A smart person would cut and paste them into a word file for future use. +::Thumbup

Ok, I know what I did wrong. Once I got to
I knew I didn't want to save, so I kept escaping out. Pressing <enter> once then moves cursor to those 3 choices: New Game+ Save Delete.
So now I get it. Thanks.

Thanks for the comment re: wakthroughs. :)
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:12 am

Lady JJ wrote:Well, clearly, I am still of the dense variety, because I cannot figure out how to load New Game+
I saved the game when prompted, the save site is listed as 'In Memorium.' When I load that game, I get a choice of Leave now? Yes / No. If I choose Yes, I am returned to the party (inside the snowman, I might add). I talk to Penelope, and then I'm given a choice of Continue partying? / Wait for time to pass?

If I choose Continue Partying, nothing happens, I'm still at the party and I can talk to the characters. I can't access the menu, so I go back to Penelope. This time, when she gives me a choice of Continue Partying? / Wait for time to pass?, I choose Wait for time to pass. This brings me to the main menu, so I choose Continue, and load the saved game 'In Memorium.' Once again, I'm given the option Leave now? Yes / No, so I chose No. I get the stats screen, I now get to a Save screen with New Game+ seemingly being one of the options, but, since I'm in the Save screen (not the load screen), I can't access New Game+. So I exit out, go back to the Load screen, select that game 'In Memorium' and I'm right back where I started with the Leave now? Yes / No option.

This is very frustrating. It's not that I want to play a New Game+ all the way through, I was just curious as to how it works. So.... since I really couldn't make the ending work for me, I decided to make up my own. Keep in mind, some of the 'humor' here is not mine, but what I perceive to be Indy's.

Scene: Party
Genevieve inside complaining about being cold
Nyx and Audrey regaling each other with stories of adventure
Busho and Lilith getting to know each other a little more personally

Cutscene to Penelope and Caius
Sage: You should be so proud and happy, Caius. You have saved the world from certain destruction.
Caius: I am, I guess. (Thinks-I guess this wouldn't be a good time to ask her about her age.) Yeah, sure, I'm happy. Happy, happy, happy, that's me.
Sage: And yet you don't feel the job is complete?
Caius: How do you know that?
Sage: Well, I am a sage after all.
Caius: Marlyn. I wanted to save Marlyn. I wish one of us could have found her, brought her back, you know. Despite everything, I cared for her.
Sage: You cared for her or you cared for her adulation for you?
Caius: Both, I guess.
Caius saunters off

Cutscene to Lilith and Busho
Lilith: I must return to my forest. It's where I belong.
Busho: I could belong anywhere, so long as I could find some solitude, and I had you by my side. (Busho remembers Lilith kissing him on his cheek by the sword in the stone.) Busho blushes.
Lilith: I could kiss you again, you know. Maybe not on your cheek this time?
Busho: How did you know that's what I was remembering?
Lilith: We elves are far superior to you humans in reading emotions.
Busho: Yeah, well, we humans are far superior to you elves in acting upon emotions. Shall we leave?
Lilith: Lead the way.

Cutscene to Caius and Genevieve
Caius: What will you do now, Genevieve?
Genevieve: Oh, I'll probably go back to Master Z's. I'm not good at doing much else.

Caius: Not good? Genevieve, you helped to save the world!
Genevieve: I didn't really do much, and I think my being slow and clumsy held you back.

Caius: Slow and clumsy? Do you think we could have managed without you? That zombie spell saved us more times than I can count.
Genevieve: Really? You really think I did a good job? (Genevieve swells with pride.)

<if Karim's bounty collected>
Caius: And what about spotting Karim's wife on the rooftop? We would have never gotten all that gold without you.
Genevieve: Aww, gee, Caius... (Genevieve swells with pride again.)
var GenSwell = GenSwell + 1
<end if>

Caius: Not to mention that witchcraft spell. We couldn't have made it through that volcano without you.
Genevieve: You really thought that helped? (Genevieve swells with pride even more)

<if Genevieve learned Fairy Dash>
Caius: And Busho told me you were his party's main healer after we split.
Genevieve: It wasn't so much. Just a spell. But I AM good with spells. (Genevieve swells with ever so much more pride.)
<end if>

<if GenSwell >= 3>
Genevieve: Oops! Guess I swelled too much. (Genevieve blushes and does an immediate clothing adjustment.)
Caius: Hey, don't adjust on my account!
<end if>

Caius: Come to think of it, we wouldn't be here without you, Genevieve.
Genevieve: I didn't even want to be here. I wanted to be at the beach.
Caius: I'll buy you a bikini if you'll let me take you to the beach, Geneve.
Genevieve: (Blushes, thinks-He called me Geneve, but I like it coming from him.) I'd like to go to the beach with you Cairo, but as your girlfriend, not as your slave. You are NOT my master!
Caius: My girlfriend, Genevieve. Let's go.

Caius and Genevieve exit the cabin.

Cutscene Caius and Genevieve outside the cabin.
Caius: Hey, where'd Penelope go?
Genevieve: I don't know. Wasn't she standing right there?
<zoom to gray haired, wrinkled, elderly female NPC using a staff as her cane-but with a distinct twinkle in her eye>
Caius: Yeah, well, there's no one there now but some old boomer. Come on, Geneve, we're off to the beach!
Genevieve: Woohoo!

Well, that's how my mind played it out, anyway! :)

Many great ideas there, and delightfully well written, captures excellently the essence of each character +::clap +::clap

BUT... I'm not sure Caius can so easily forget and move on from his infatuated state with Marlyn... especially since his mind is not set on finding Genevieve attractive (possible bias there?) :razz:
Other than that, great expansion on the magic (village) party +::heart
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:16 am

I think I'll just sticky this lol

NG+ is mostly about enjoying the game gameplay-wise with any character (and combination of character) you want from the getgo. It makes zero sense plotwise. Remember back in August I missed the release date for about 5 days so since the new one was 3 weeks later, I implemented this NG+ mode. It'd be sheer craziness and almost impossible to test all the different conditions. So the game stays the same, except you can now play, and more interestingly build up, characters you'd otherwise get very late in the game (eg Penelope).
I kinda love building up characters so that alone justified NG+ imo.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Indinera wrote:
NG+ is mostly about enjoying the game gameplay-wise with any character (and combination of character) you want from the getgo. ... So the game stays the same, except you can now play, and more interestingly build up, characters you'd otherwise get very late in the game (eg Penelope).
I kinda love building up characters so that alone justified NG+ imo.

I have a couple of queries about how this works.
If the game stays the same, does that mean at the time for party splitting you have the same characters as in the ordinary game, but if you've not been using them they'll be at level one with no levelling up of their skills?

If the game stays the same does e.g. Penelope join you in Saint Town so that you now have 2 Penelopes? The same with the other characters who join you - do you end up with duplicates?
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 23, 2020 2:03 pm

If the game stays the same, does that mean at the time for party splitting you have the same characters as in the ordinary game, but if you've not been using them they'll be at level one with no levelling up of their skills?

No, the same party of 4 does both places.

If the game stays the same does e.g. Penelope join you in Saint Town so that you now have 2 Penelopes? The same with the other characters who join you - do you end up with duplicates?

Plot-wise nothing makes sense. It's just for fun, to test a party of your choice against the various challenges of the game.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:19 pm

That could be very interesting.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:03 pm

littlebro wrote:That could be very interesting.

I (logically) tried it and it was a lot of fun. New take on the game, with new battle strategies.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions