Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Cocka

Re: Cocka

Postby darkange » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:37 pm

so using those 2 hints - the green button/switch purpose and the fact that how you solve one quest influences this one it's pretty clear now how to catch but yet I don't really know. I will give an example in spoiler :

Spoiler: show
the button activates and deactivates the gate from the cage where the girl was kept for raflesia quest - so obviously the golden cocka should be kept trapped there - the thing is : how do you keep it there ...

I managed to put the golden cocka in the cage by using movement patterns but if I go back to close the gate at the button ... it is to late and the cocka resets her position until I come back and you cannot find her in the cage anymore - it's just outside of the cage again ....

So my question is : how do you make the golden cocka stay in the cage ?? ??
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:38 pm

Have you ever SEEN it inside of the cage?
The moment this happens, don't touch the darn switch again!
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:45 pm

I see ... ok I tried that but ...
I have chased her in the last hour so many times and changed so many screens to reset her position ... but she always appears next to the cage or closeby ... never inside the cage .... maybe it is triggered by far how you go into the forest first ? I haven't reached the second small town yet ... only the first one where you find Sarah and Wendie ...
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby lilac » Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:51 pm

darkange wrote:I see ... ok I tried that but ...
I have chased her in the last hour so many times and changed so many screens to reset her position ... but she always appears next to the cage or closeby ... never inside the cage .... maybe it is triggered by far how you go into the forest first ? I haven't reached the second small town yet ... only the first one where you find Sarah and Wendie ...

Now that the cat is out of the bag, i can spill some beans, right? +::biggrin
If you have a cocka cornered inside a cage, shouldn't you, you know...try to grab it? ;)
lilac
Bard

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:10 pm

lilac wrote:
darkange wrote:I see ... ok I tried that but ...

If you have a cocka cornered inside a cage, shouldn't you, you know...try to grab it? ;)

So, in this respect,
It wouldn't matter whether you had first opened the gate by the green button or by brute force?
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby lilac » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:17 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
lilac wrote:

So, in this respect,
It wouldn't matter whether you had first opened the gate by the green button or by brute force?

It matters a lot. ;)
lilac
Bard

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:44 pm

lilac wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:
lilac wrote:

So, in this respect,

It matters a lot. ;)

Thanks. <3
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby kimo » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:19 pm

@LadyJJ
So, we both found that button after completing a certain quest. And it seems we both completed that quest in the same manner. That is why we saw no change made in the forest by pressing the button.

Indi's earlier clue was "it depends on how you completed a certain quest". But I don't remember being given an option of what Caius should do. Or, if there was a choice then it would seem like a no-brainer to say "Yes" in response to the question.

I'm playing a second time now, so I'll check that in many hours when I get there again. I'm at the Ogre Tower.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:54 pm

kimo wrote: But I don't remember being given an option of what Caius should do. Or, if there was a choice then it would seem like a no-brainer to say "Yes" in response to the question.

The choice is something like
Smash it down
Find another way.

You have to "find another way"
I didn't, I smashed it down and suffered the consequences.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby darkange » Sat Oct 03, 2020 4:19 pm

littlebro wrote:
kimo wrote: But I don't remember being given an option of what Caius should do. Or, if there was a choice then it would seem like a no-brainer to say "Yes" in response to the question.

I didn't, I smashed it down and suffered the consequences.

yeah at first I smashed it down too just to see what happens ... then I reload the save and chose find another way ... after that I imagined there has to be connected to the button ... so I went ahead and checked .... then with the help from the almighty trickster I finished the quest
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Nimatoad » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:08 am

I'm still having problems with this quest.

I have the Cocka cornered in the cage, but when I click on it, it still disappears. Is there something special I need to do to "grab it?"
Nimatoad
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:07 pm

Nimatoad wrote:I'm still having problems with this quest.

I have the Cocka cornered in the cage, but when I click on it, it still disappears. Is there something special I need to do to "grab it?"

Well, the door is open, and it's so fast it'll still outfox (or outcocka) you...
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Stoopid Gold Leaf Chicken!

Postby kimo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:09 pm

I am as frustrated as everyone else. I have the Cocka trapped inside the cage with Caius just at the door opening looking inward, I have even used AGI boosts to no avail. I'm about ready to choke the chicken. +::biggrin +:oops:

How do you keep this sucker from constantly disappearing? I understand it is fast, but it supposedly cannot fly over the bars. What gives? What manner of logical thought does this bird obey? The quest is only so darn hard because it is nonsensical. +::Dunno

I'm not going anywhere until this is resolved. After all, I will probably just end up on the top of that mountain without a MAT boost to solve the Rayanne quest. So why bother proceeding? +::surrender +::sos

And, yes, it isn't right refusing to share with others. I do my best to help others hoping for the same in return. What happened to altruism in todays world? :(

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH +::grrr
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Stoopid Gold Leaf Chicken!

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:19 pm

kimo wrote:I am as frustrated as everyone else. I have the Cocka trapped inside the cage with Caius just at the door opening looking inward, I have even used AGI boosts to no avail. I'm about ready to choke the chicken. +::biggrin +:oops:

You're honestly almost there in your reasoning.
What's a more secure way to "block the door"?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby MerryX » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:28 pm

kimo screamed:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hear your pain and can't really help properly as I failed on this one - because I smashed the door down to get the girl out. A thought though...if you didn't smash it open, could you smash it closed? Don't know if that helps or if it could work??? +:::| +::Dunno
Otherwise, all I have is some empathy +::heart
MerryX
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions