Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Quests [Spoilers]

Re: Quests [Spoilers]

Postby kimo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:27 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
kimo wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:Anybody found Audrey (Q46)?

Ahhhhh. Finally someone ahead of me. I'm not surprised it's you. Did you figure out Q43 and how to open that @$# chest that Busho is unable to open? Or did you just bypass the Crystal God? I started a topic on this because Busho is such a wimp.

Sorry, but Audrey may be tomorrow if I cannot get help with Q43.

I'm not ahead of you at all, probably at the same place. I am almost at the final Ice Shrine battle, but still trying (as are you) to open that chest. I asked about Audrey because the quest is mentioned in the guide prior to the Ice Shrine and I thought maybe Audrey would give me a needed boost.

I thought Audrey was found by the party that goes into the Volcano.

As for the Crystal God, did you figure out how to drop the magic barrier that blocks access to those 4 great weapons inside?

I never completed Q42. Did you? I am looking for something that boosts Busho and that was sort of his quest. Even used those level permanents given by Bokden. I really don't enjoy when these quests require you to do something far in the past.

Let me know if you figure this one out. I'm really tired with failing at these quests. And I'm really tired of being chased down by the baddies. You should be able to clear out these areas, so you can spend more time exploring and searching.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:50 pm

kimo wrote:

As for the Crystal God, did you figure out how to drop the magic barrier that blocks access to those 4 great weapons inside?

Oh, I thought Audrey was part of Busho's search since it is listed ahead of the arena quests. Guess I can put that one aside for now. And, nope, the whole Crystal God quest is eluding me. I thought maybe that button in the early part of the ice cave to the lower right might be the trigger for those blue columns, but that doesn't seem to matter. I'll spend a little more time here this morning, then I'm going to just go ahead and finish the game as best I can because the frustration level is rising. Wouldn't it be awful if that chest can only be opened by Caius and because I chose Busho for the ice cave, well, you know..... I just feel like some of these 'no can do' quests are taking up too much of my energy.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:03 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
kimo wrote:

Oh, I thought Audrey was part of Busho's search since it is listed ahead of the arena quests. Guess I can put that one aside for now. And, nope, the whole Crystal God quest is eluding me. I thought maybe that button in the early part of the ice cave to the lower right might be the trigger for those blue columns, but that doesn't seem to matter. I'll spend a little more time here this morning, then I'm going to just go ahead and finish the game as best I can because the frustration level is rising. Wouldn't it be awful if that chest can only be opened by Caius and because I chose Busho for the ice cave, well, you know..... I just feel like some of these 'no can do' quests are taking up too much of my energy.

Chest was bugged, now you can redownload if you'd like.
Make sure to backup your saves just in case.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:05 pm

kimo wrote:
Let me know if you figure this one out. I'm really tired with failing at these quests. And I'm really tired of being chased down by the baddies. You should be able to clear out these areas, so you can spend more time exploring and searching.

Didn't you get to complete many sidequests in the forest and snow?
What's your total so far?
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:15 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
kimo wrote:

I wondered about that button, too, and reset to its original position. The button
Spoiler: show
opens a gate letting you farther into the left side of the dungeon.

The blue columns aka "magical barrier" are lowered when
you find a character in the last room before the final battle in the ice shrine. Then you have to do some serious backtracking, but there are some excellent goodies inside. Personally, I really don't like so much backtracking in games. Not Indi, but others seem to use backtracking to extend game time.

Any luck with the letter in Fay? Q42

Did you remember to complete Q25 before entering the Ice Shrine? There is only 1 person in the party who can do that with boosts and it's not Busho. The sword is okay, it's the quest that gets resolved.

I'll be checking for comments this morning about the Crystal God/locked chest solution.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:55 pm

Indinera wrote:Chest was bugged, now you can redownload if you'd like.
Make sure to backup your saves just in case.

Thanks, Indi. That download solved the chest problem with just 1 boost used. I had no problem with installation and the save files, but thanks for the heads-up on that. I really thought that problem chest had something I could use like the secret room with tools I couldn't access in the warehouse area.

I have 31 quests, which seems abysmal for me.

Now, I am wracking my brain trying to find an appropriate boost/spell that will increase my resistance so I can approach the Crystal God. Any hints for me and LadyJJ?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:22 pm

Regarding the button, that's exactly what I thought, but when I began a replay of that area, I deliberately left that button alone and then explored the left area and I walked right through that gate. I thought maybe it was just a decoration, even though it looked like a gate and I didn't remember it from the first playthrough of the area, but, I did walk right through it. I'll go back to a saved game prior to entering the ice cave and see if this is a mistaken observation/assumption on my part, or if it is indeed so.
EDIT-Just downloaded today's build and tested/confirmed this. Will report in bug section.

I did, indeed, forget to go back to get Quest #25, but by the time I realized it, I had already invested way too much time in the ice cave to care. 37 completed quests for me, BTW. My saved game is just before the Nemesis encounter, so I'll go back to the Crystal god / formidable chest area and see what I can do there.

So far my favorite battles have been the Raflesia (?sic) queen and Nemesis.

And, nope, I haven't been able to complete that love letter. I've tried boosting both Busho and Lilith. Now that I have a 3rd Hero potion, maybe I can try again. Perhaps his love interest has changed to Nyx, but I think it would be out of character for Busho to be quite so fickle.

See you back here in a bit. :)
Last edited by Lady JJ on Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:30 pm

I have 31 quests, which seems abysmal for me.

No quest is really a pushover in this game, so I think you're being quite hard on yourself. It seems pretty decent to me for a first run.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:52 pm

@Kimo so the last character is found
at the end ? that means you don't really get to level the character up and play so much with his/her spells ... on the plus side - I like backtracking +::lol
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:16 pm

darkange wrote:@Kimo so the last character is found
at the end ? that means you don't really get to level the character up and play so much with his/her spells ... on the plus side - I like backtracking +::lol

The blue columns aka "magical barrier" are lowered when
you find a character in the last room before the final battle in the ice shrine. Then you have to do some serious backtracking, but there are some excellent goodies inside. Personally, I really don't like so much backtracking in games. Not Indi, but others seem to use backtracking to extend game time.

If you are talking about my comment above and you are in the Ice Shrine, then the character is really a NPC (a "world-famous" explorer). Sorry for the confusion. You should have 4 characters in the ice shrine to make things easier. Did you go to the arena and get your 4th party member?

And while we're talking about the Ice Shrine, were you able to approach the Crystal God? That where LadyJJ and I am stuck. I think she has probably completed the Ice Shrine and just moved onward.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby darkange » Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:39 pm

I am far away from your progress and lady JJ ... I just got my flying saucer ... only asked to know ahead of time ... sorry
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Someone in the tower (Q14)

Postby jincyk » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:44 pm

Where the heck is the "someone in the tower" I need to talk to? I've been wandering around the place for hours. I haven't found anybody in the tower (besides the ogre). I haven't freed Genevieve yet.

What am I missing?
jincyk
Explorer

Re: Someone in the tower (Q14)

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Sep 30, 2020 9:05 pm

jincyk wrote:Where the heck is the "someone in the tower" I need to talk to? I've been wandering around the place for hours. I haven't found anybody in the tower (besides the ogre). I haven't freed Genevieve yet.

What am I missing?

Do you have the quest? It's possible you haven't talked to the boyfriend yet. He's in one of the houses. If you have talked to him..
Go to the Ogre tower and climb until you come to 2 wide stairways. Take the left stairway (the guide says right, but ignore that because you can't complete the quest if you kill the ogre before finding the girl. So left stairway up, this brings you to a center stairway up, which is just a few steps away from another tower up stairway. Before taking that tower stairway up, walk around the back and you should come across the girl adventurer. Have a conversation with her and now you can solve the quest, though not right away. I think she's easy to miss because sometimes she walks behind the stairway.
Lady JJ
Ranger

thanks so much

Postby jincyk » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:56 pm

for explaining that. I appreciate it.

I'm just about to quit, though, because this time (I had stopped and opened up a new game) I was so careful, trying to do all the quests, and I made sure I didn't free Genevieve before doing Q14, because (per Indinera)"
You need to talk to someone too in the Ogre Tower, but before finding Genevieve."

Unfortunately it didn't also mention "before killing the Ogre."

I very much want to like this game, particularly given its cost, but if I'm going to pay this much for a guide, I want one that's a bit less coy.
jincyk
Explorer

Postby MerryX » Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:43 am

Quest Count so far for me - up to the Arena in the game currently - playing Easy mode as hate dying and like to relax and enjoy the journey without too much adrenalin +::O_o ;)

18 - completed quests +::YAY
16 - uncompleted quests - and many of those will probably remain like that, damn it!! +::grrr
9 - completely MISSED +::cry
6 - still to find +::O_o

I think I've had the most trouble with quests due to either the timing or needing to be done in a certain sequence or the quests that require the boosts to finish. I just don't seem to "get" it +:oops: +::surrender

So hope I can mange better on my next try +::biggrin

MerryX
MerryX
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions