Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Bug?

Re: Bug?

Postby Nimatoad » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:16 am

I started a new playthrough, and the secret room on the same screen as Fenlyr's house has disappeared. I know where it should be, but cannot access it. Any solution?
Nimatoad
Peasant

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:55 am

Are you sure there's a secret room there? The guide shows a yellow circle, but that's to indicate the spot where Cocka first appears. I don't believe there is a secret room on that screen.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Nimatoad » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:51 am

Okay, you're right. I feel like an idiot. I spent probably five minutes creeping up on that log from different directions and bashing the enter key.
Nimatoad
Peasant

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:57 am

littlebro wrote:The dialogue on the bridge south of Fay still has Marlyn popping up, even though I'm now on the Ice Shrine.

Nice catch, me was not too good on this one lol
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:58 am

Lady JJ wrote:Are you sure there's a secret room there? The guide shows a yellow circle, but that's to indicate the spot where Cocka first appears. I don't believe there is a secret room on that screen.

What the lady said. 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Caius ScaleBurst Spell stuck?

Postby kimo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:14 pm

On a previous play I noticed this spell was an All Enemy spell at level 6. At least that's what I incorrectly thought. On this play when the spell reached level 6, there was no change in single attack to All Enemy.

I think the "spell level counter" may be stuck at 6 for this one. The spell did eventually change to All, but at what level I do not know since the spell level indicator has been at 6 for a long time and does not increase. +::Dunno
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Caius ScaleBurst Spell stuck?

Postby littlebro » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:43 pm

kimo wrote:On a previous play I noticed this spell was an All Enemy spell at level 6. At least that's what I incorrectly thought. On this play when the spell reached level 6, there was no change in single attack to All Enemy.

I think the "spell level counter" may be stuck at 6 for this one. The spell did eventually change to All, but at what level I do not know since the spell level indicator has been at 6 for a long time and does not increase. +::Dunno

On my current playthrough, it changed at level 6, though it took 2 uses (I think) at level 6 before it switched to all enemies. I'll keep an eye out for it it stays stuck on that level, and post back on this thread with the verdict.

EDIT
I can give the answer now, as I've just looked at my last save file. It's up to level 8, so definitely moving on.
littlebro
Ranger

Re: Caius ScaleBurst Spell stuck?

Postby kimo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:36 am

littlebro wrote:
kimo wrote:On a previous play I noticed this spell was an All Enemy spell at level 6. At least that's what I incorrectly thought. On this play when the spell reached level 6, there was no change in single attack to All Enemy.

On my current playthrough, it changed at level 6, though it took 2 uses (I think) at level 6 before it switched to all enemies. I'll keep an eye out for it it stays stuck on that level, and post back on this thread with the verdict.

EDIT
I can give the answer now, as I've just looked at my last save file. It's up to level 8, so definitely moving on.

Yep, my spell skill level just went to 7. It sure seemed like more uses of this spell was required than other spells for advancement in levels.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:56 am

Yep, some spells (not a lot) are progressing slower.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Kirin » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:24 pm

So...

It has been a really, really long time since I posted anything on these forums.

This game really called out to me because it was such a good throwback to the old Aldorlea Games like Millenium and Laxius Force. I enjoyed playing it but I did find a few oversight, particularly in the Busho/Evil, Caius/Ice routes.

First, I did find all of the relics, but the counter only stated 13. I'm guessing one of them didn't have a relic counter go up when one of the parties found the relic.

In the Metal Orc quest on the Caius/Ice side, when the scene changes to be inside the church, it's Busho's party script that plays. I'm guessing that Caius' switch wasn't turned on for that.

In the Cucka quest, if Penelope isn't in the party, Caius will make a reference to her, even if she isn't there.

Additionally, the Love Letter quest on the Caius/Ice side has already been issued on a different topic.

These are all I found. I love playing this game despite the bugs. I'd play Destroyer Mode on New Game+ but I seriously need a break from this game after obsessively playing it for so long.
Kirin
Mercenary

Postby littlebro » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:40 am

Kirin wrote:First, I did find all of the relics, but the counter only stated 13. I'm guessing one of them didn't have a relic counter go up when one of the parties found the relic.

The counter works because my screen shows 14 (posted on the second page of the thread with screenshots of endgame stats). You can check out which ones you have by looking at the pinned thread 'Relics Locations'
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:06 am

This game really called out to me because it was such a good throwback to the old Aldorlea Games like Millenium and Laxius Force. I enjoyed playing it but I did find a few oversight, particularly in the Busho/Evil, Caius/Ice routes.

Thank you, I'm very pleased to read it, and the references to LF and MM are always a delight, as they are some of my best games ever.

First, I did find all of the relics, but the counter only stated 13. I'm guessing one of them didn't have a relic counter go up when one of the parties found the relic.

In the Metal Orc quest on the Caius/Ice side, when the scene changes to be inside the church, it's Busho's party script that plays. I'm guessing that Caius' switch wasn't turned on for that.

In the Cucka quest, if Penelope isn't in the party, Caius will make a reference to her, even if she isn't there.

Additionally, the Love Letter quest on the Caius/Ice side has already been issued on a different topic.

These are all I found.

I believe these glitches have been reported and should, by now, be fixed. Thanks nonetheless.

I love playing this game despite the bugs. I'd play Destroyer Mode on New Game+ but I seriously need a break from this game after obsessively playing it for so long.

Aha but destroyer IS fun if you're into gameplay and trying new mixes of characters. 8)
That's how I went through it (and attempted to debug it lol), with my party
Spoiler: show
Lilith-Penelope-Audrey-Nyx
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions