Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Quests [Spoilers]

Quests [Spoilers]

Postby kimo » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:24 pm

I cannot get Q#14 to appear in my inventory even though I have talked to Yosef after finding Genevieve. He comments that his girlfriend went to some tower.

The guide also says it can be resolved in the Ogre Tower. How and Where and When??

Also, how does Q13 get resolved in the Tower?

I am ready to enter the Volcano but the guide says I should have the Q16 side quest.
Spoiler: show
You need to awaken Zerulax before this quest is given. I think the guide may be wrong on this. Yes? No? How do you wake him/her?

I know Indi is probably asleep, so has anyone else figured this out? +::surrender
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Quests

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:45 am

I cannot get Q#14 to appear in my inventory even though I have talked to Yosef after finding Genevieve. He comments that his girlfriend went to some tower.

You need to talk to someone too in the Ogre Tower, but before finding Genevieve.

You need to think of a way to get a succubus. +:oops:

I am ready to enter the Volcano but the guide says I should have the Q16 side quest.

Your quote seems to imply the contrary?
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Re: Quests

Postby kimo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:04 pm

Indinera wrote:

You need to talk to someone too in the Ogre Tower, but before finding Genevieve.

You need to think of a way to get a succubus. +:oops:

Your quote seems to imply the contrary?

I don't understand your answer for Q16. I have "removed" the smoke, but I never saw any indication that Zerulax had been awakened. I'm going back to town and see if I can find a Sirina before I enter the Volcano area. I don't even remember where she would be.

Okay, so Q14 cannot be completed now because the guide doesn't mention I need to talk with someone in the Ogre Tower before finding the witch.

For Q13. What? Is there Succubus bait somewhere? I could recruit her if I had that dog from Sylia. So another uncompleted quest?

I'm going to assume I will screw up Q15 because I have no idea where the other orb can be found.

I was not able to complete Q3 because I could never find the necessary boost, but I hate the idea of failing on so many other quests.

And that monkey/secret room "quest" was incredibly difficult. Especially when I had to pay for nuts. That 50 gold better give me something good later.

These quests have been incredibly difficult, but I'm sure you're aware of that.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Quests [Spoilers]

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:08 pm

I don't understand your answer for Q16. I have "removed" the smoke, but I never saw any indication that Zerulax had been awakened. I'm going back to town and see if I can find a Sirina before I enter the Volcano area. I don't even remember where she would be.

Indeed removing the smoke doesn't awake Zerulax. That's 2 different events.
Sirina's house is the one to the bottom/left.

These quests have been incredibly difficult, but I'm sure you're aware of that.

Some of the sidequests can be difficult yes, because I also want secrets to "resist" players and especially first playthroughs.
In such a big game I find it normal not to get everything right from the getgo.
That said, you'll get several "easier" sidequests later on, eg in the elven woods or the snow town. :)
Honestly I would focus on just finishing the game during a first playthrough, but maybe that's just my playing style.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:23 pm

Indinera wrote:Honestly I would focus on just finishing the game during a first playthrough, but maybe that's just my playing style.

It's just you bro ... for perfectionist like me it is not an option +::O_o - for example I am still searching for how to trigger Q7 in town before I leave with the boat on hermit island - I am not going on that island until I find it no matter how long it takes - unfinished business be damned +::biggrin
Now I am on the assumption it has something to do with the lottery ticket lol .
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:32 pm

But I'm kinda a perfectionnist too, but not for first playthrough. This is for discovering the game, and getting to know it.
From second playthrough on, it's hardcore mode.

Q7 in town before I leave with the boat on hermit island - I am not going on that island until I find it no matter how long it takes - unfinished business be damned

It might come across as quite obvious on a second playthrough... +::shhhh
I wouldn't insist for now. +::O_o
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:34 pm

darkange wrote:
Indinera wrote:Honestly I would focus on just finishing the game during a first playthrough, but maybe that's just my playing style.

It's just you bro ... for perfectionist like me it is not an option +::O_o - for example I am still searching for how to trigger Q7 in town before I leave with the boat on hermit island - I am not going on that island until I find it no matter how long it takes - unfinished business be damned +::biggrin
Now I am on the assumption it has something to do with the lottery ticket lol .

Q7 is both easy and complex. Make sure you don't need to use the inn and that everything else in the port town is done.
Buy your boat tickets and then talk to the person in the back/right of the room and after some conversation, you will be given the quest. When done with the quest, you are automatically on the dock and boarding the ship. It makes me wonder what happens if you don't buy your tickets first.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:12 pm

@Indi
Thanks for Sirina's location. She hasn't ever been in that house, so I assume waking Zerulax is the trigger for her to appear. I have been all through the ruins and sewers and no Zerulax.

+::surrender How and where do I wake Zerulax before entering the Volcano? +::surrender

I don't want him to be late for work. +::biggrin
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:18 pm

How and where do I wake Zerulax before entering the Volcano?

I don't think you need to do that... does the guide say that?
I think you should go ahead, enter the volcano, and get the business done with Mr Lax, Zeru Lax. +::grrr
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:31 pm

Page 51 of the guide says I should have Q16 before entering the volcano. But Q16 requires me to talk with Sirina. I am on my way to getting my butt singed by Ifrits now. +::fear
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:35 pm

It's a mistake. I'll fix it.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:48 pm

kimo wrote:
Q7 is both easy and complex. Make sure you don't need to use the inn and that everything else in the port town is done.

Are you talking about the slime quest ? That's quest 6 and that's the only quest that I get from the guy on the back ... after that he doesn't give me another quest.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby darkange » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:04 pm

Indinera wrote:It might come across as quite obvious on a second playthrough... +::shhhh

My hearth doesn't let me move on ... I found all secret rooms and have done everything else.... can't just move on with only one little thing left behind like that.
I even gave that black guy 100 gold coins to fulfill his jetsky dream and he was happy - I was very generous with my money in the port +::biggrin
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:23 pm

darkange wrote:
Indinera wrote:It might come across as quite obvious on a second playthrough... +::shhhh

My hearth doesn't let me move on ... I found all secret rooms and have done everything else.... can't just move on with only one little thing left behind like that.
I even gave that black guy 100 gold coins to fulfill his jetsky dream and he was happy - I was very generous with my money in the port +::biggrin

That's a good thing to do, I think!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Wed Sep 23, 2020 3:43 pm

darkange wrote:

Quest 7 seems to be very, very time sensitive. For me, and I replayed this section 3 times trying to get it right, and then a 4th to confirm it
You have to complete the slime infestation, buy your boat ticket, then report that the slimes have been conquered. In that exact order. This was the only way I could get Quest #7 to show.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Next

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions