Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Quest #8 - Karim's Hideout

Quest #8 - Karim's Hideout

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:30 pm

I have the quest, I have the sparkle, but how do I get there. Pressing enter at the sparkle (northern coast Hermit's Island) just gives me dialogue, no entry. +::Annoyed
Lady JJ
Ranger

Re: Quest #8 - Karim's Hideout

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:08 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I have the quest, I have the sparkle, but how do I get there. Pressing enter at the sparkle (northern coast Hermit's Island) just gives me dialogue, no entry. +::Annoyed

You still need the exact location.
You need to find a way (or a place +::sos) to obtain that information.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:24 pm

Lady JJ wrote:I have the quest, I have the sparkle, but how do I get there. Pressing enter at the sparkle (northern coast Hermit's Island) just gives me dialogue, no entry. +::Annoyed

Thanks for the PM. I could never access that SR because I had only 2 of those boosts (and I never used any of them except for quests). I aquired a 3rd one only after the flying saucer, so I am out of luck. That's irritating because I knew what I needed, but could never find another. Couldn't even buy one ... just one! I would have happily left a party member behind. +::lol

You need coordinates for the hideout. If you read every poster in town (on every wall and in EVERY room), one will tell you where to go. Then you just return to the sparkle. There are lots of goodies here and a big fight, so be prepared.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:00 pm

kimo wrote:

Thanks for the PM. I could never access that SR because I had only 2 of those boosts (and I never used any of them except for quests). I aquired a 3rd one only after the flying saucer, so I am out of luck. That's irritating because I knew what I needed, but could never find another. Couldn't even buy one ... just one! I would have happily left a party member behind. +::lol

You need coordinates for the hideout. If you read every poster in town (on every wall and in EVERY room), one will tell you where to go. Then you just return to the sparkle. There are lots of goodies here and a big fight, so be prepared.

And I, of course, thought I had read every poster/notice/letter, etc. Not sure I can reenter every town now, but will try the ones I can and definitely take note for the next playthrough. Thanks.

Re: I had the bare minimum of 3, and 2 were gotten in a secret room (30 I think) so I must have had one prior to taking detailed notes.

Going to just 'go with the flow' now and stop being a perfectionist (at least temporarily).

BTW, Indy, no big deal, but Sirina shows up in her home waiting for someone to fix her sand castle home AND in the church lamenting that she's just a modest person. Again, no big deal.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:03 pm

Sirina shows up in her home waiting for someone to fix her sand castle home AND in the church lamenting that she's just a modest person.

Strange, I thought I had fixed that (I mean, before the release).
I'll try to fix it "again" then.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:18 pm

Indinera wrote:
Sirina shows up in her home waiting for someone to fix her sand castle home AND in the church lamenting that she's just a modest person.

I suppose the 'fix' isn't to transform her to Genevieve, is it? 'Cuz that dastardly villain Jamar took her someplace and I am frantically banging my head against every wall in town trying to find her before he harms her....
And, THIS is an 'Indy moment.' My heart is literally racing in fear of what's happening to Genevieve. A trickster for sure, but such a good storyteller. :)

Edit
Spoiler: show
And even though I vowed I would never sleep a wink 'til I found her, I had no choice but to retire for the night.
It is true, everything looks better in the morning...
Last edited by Lady JJ on Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:23 pm

Thank you.
And no, Genevieve hasn't been turned to Sirina +::O_o +::surrender
Pretty sure Jamar would rather have Genevieve than Sirina +::Annoyed
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:32 am

Lady JJ wrote:
Indinera wrote:

I suppose the 'fix' isn't to transform her to Genevieve, is it? 'Cuz that dastardly villain Jamar took her someplace and I am frantically banging my head against every wall in town trying to find her before he harms her....
And, THIS is an 'Indy moment.' My heart is literally racing in fear of what's happening to Genevieve. A trickster for sure, but such a good storyteller. :)

Edit
And even though I vowed I would never sleep a wink 'til I found her, I had no choice but to retire for the night.
It is true, everything looks better in the morning...

I gave up finding everything days ago. Now moving forward in the story and seeing what I find for the next playthrough.

The note you need is in
the secret room in Deckersville. Of course, you need the flying saucer to get there.

You cannot leave the town without Genevieve.
Genevieve is "safe" (better hurry, though) +::biggrin and in
Jabar's house. Did you find the secret room there? You know, the absolutely nothing to find in it room? Guess what? The Trickster strikes again.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:21 am

The Trickster strikes again.

You're welcome. The pleasure's mine. 8)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby feyone2 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:21 pm

This quest happened after I got the flying saucer and went to Caprio? and spoke to Jamar. If I try to follow through, it goes nowhere. The heroes can't leave town to look elsewhere. Have I happened on it too soon? Should I go somewhere else first after getting the flying saucer?
feyone2
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:28 pm

feyone2 wrote:This quest happened after I got the flying saucer and went to Caprio? and spoke to Jamar. If I try to follow through, it goes nowhere. The heroes can't leave town to look elsewhere. Have I happened on it too soon? Should I go somewhere else first after getting the flying saucer?

Do you have a party of 3, or has Genevieve gone off with Jamar? If Genevieve has gone off with Jamar, then you have to search for her. It's an exhausting search, perhaps you'll need to call it a day and start again in the morning?
If you have a party of 3, you should be able to fly the flying saucer to at least Deckersville where you can (1) check your lottery ticket, if you bought one prior, (2) speak to Landon in the fish market (east end) and get a new quest, (3) find the coordinates you'll need for Karim's hideout, assuming you don't already have those coordinates.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby poshpaws » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:38 am

I've had to leave this quest for the secret hideout for now as I don't seem to be able to find it. Am I right in thinking that I need some sort of booster in order to find it? I've been and looked at every poster in Deckersville. Also the girl with the red hair doesn't seem to want to sell me glasses when I go and speak with her?
poshpaws
Bard

Postby Indinera » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:52 am

Also the girl with the red hair doesn't seem to want to sell me glasses when I go and speak with her?

This should no longer be available. I'll fix it.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby secasus » Thu Oct 01, 2020 12:00 am

Indinera wrote:
Also the girl with the red hair doesn't seem to want to sell me glasses when I go and speak with her?

This should no longer be available. I'll fix it.

Is this why I can't buy glasses I need for the quest? I have the other qualifications.
secasus
Peasant

Postby briony » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:32 am

i read the note and wrote down the co- ordinates but still cannot get into the hideout
briony
DreamLord of Myst

Next

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions