Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

The Love Letter Quest

The Love Letter Quest

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:36 pm

I've been back to this letter so many times my head is spinning, so it's possible I'm not remembering correctly, but it seems that the first time I tried, I got the confused balloon right away, later I got another type of balloon and I thought I was actually going to complete it, but, no, the confused balloon again. Again, my mind may be playing tricks on me. However, I do know for certain that there are certain areas in the game where you can see the relationship between Busho and Lilith grow. There are certain dialogues where he seems to be singing her praises and she his, even fawning all over each other. While you're in the Fay area, try to enter some of the other areas. You can't do it, but you will get some interesting dialogue. In particular, try to enter Busho's tree home. Maybe we have to find enough of these romantic (don't get your hopes up, I said romantic NOT erotic) encounters to be able to finish the letter. So, I'll list 3 of these encounters here.

Renumbering
1-Conversation between Caius and Busho when sleeping at inn Elven outpost (Thank you, Lilac. See Lilac's message below)
2-Attempting to open the 'formidable' chest in the Ice Shrine
3-Attempting to lift the sword from the stone on the crescent island
4-Attempting to return to Busho's tree home outside of Fay

Maybe it's connected? Maybe it's not.... But it's worth a try because those buffs didn't seem to make a darn difference.
Last edited by Lady JJ on Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Re: The Love Letter Quest

Postby lilac » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:09 pm

I'm still way behind in the game ( still freezing my a** off in the mountains, praying for a miraculous mind boost +::biggrin ) but i remember this: when i slept at the elven outpost, i got a scene with Caius and Busho where they were talking about Lilith and Busho was saying he could never be with her because she is dominating, or something like that. ( I didn't pay much attention because, if i remember correctly, the conversation was mostly about b**bs - where is the rolleye smiley? )
Does that have anything to do with your quest?
lilac
Bard

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:19 pm

This is on me. Uploading new package.
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:39 pm

Has anybody solved this quest yet?
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:45 pm

I think it was bugged but now should be fixed.
I like your ideas by the way. Maybe could implement them for that quest +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:29 pm

Indinera wrote:I think it was bugged but now should be fixed.
I like your ideas by the way. Maybe could implement them for that quest +::Thumbup

Hmmm.... 'could implement' ??? Methinks I was overthinking it then. ;)

Can you check the quest, though? I went back using the upload of 9/30/2020 (I haven't gotten that far in the 10/1/2020 upload) and even having obtained the MMP pack, I still couldn't complete. I used a couple of hero potions and agility boosts as well. Also, I made sure to give boosts to both Busho and Lilith. Not saying I couldn't have missed the correct combo, but it would be nice to have it verified that the quest can be solved now.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Thu Oct 08, 2020 2:35 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
Indinera wrote:I think it was bugged but now should be fixed.

Hmmm.... 'could implement' ??? Methinks I was overthinking it then. ;)

Can you check the quest, though? I went back using the upload of 9/30/2020 (I haven't gotten that far in the 10/1/2020 upload) and even having obtained the MMP pack, I still couldn't complete. I used a couple of hero potions and agility boosts as well. Also, I made sure to give boosts to both Busho and Lilith. Not saying I couldn't have missed the correct combo, but it would be nice to have it verified that the quest can be solved now.

Or maybe I was underthinking it lol some nice ideas you threw on the table +::shhhh +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby littlebro » Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:16 pm

Lady JJ wrote:Has anybody solved this quest yet?

Yes.
Unsurprisingly, you need a boost. My memory is that it is MAT. I got it from the merchant by the island volcano, the MMP pack.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby kimo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:20 pm

littlebro wrote:

Yes.
Unsurprisingly, you need a boost. My memory is that it is MAT. I got it from the merchant by the island volcano, the MMP pack.

My party is Caius, Penelope, and Nyx.

I have 3 MAT & MDF boosts from the volcano salesman, but it seems no matter what combo I try (incl. boosting everyone) I just cannot solve this one. +::sos

I'm pretty sure I have the most recent upload, but how could I tell?

And now I can't get the sword in the stone either, until I find 2 ATK boosts. I'm in the Ice Shrine and searching.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:34 pm

kimo wrote:My party is Caius, Penelope, and Nyx.

I have 3 MAT & MDF boosts from the volcano salesman, but it seems no matter what combo I try (incl. boosting everyone) I just cannot solve this one. +::sos

I'm fairly sure that Caius should be able to solve this with a MAT boost, otherwise it would mean that anyone doing the non-canonical parties would be barred from getting all the quests, and I've seen nothing to suggest that.

And now I can't get the sword in the stone either, until I find 2 ATK boosts. I'm in the Ice Shrine and searching.

You can get an ATK boost from the guy in the Fay Pub. Just keep talking to him.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:34 pm

kimo wrote:
littlebro wrote:

Yes.

Redownload to be on the safe side.
Better boost whoever is attempting to complete the letter ;)
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:34 pm

Just downloaded the update, but I cannot complete this quest with the MAT buffs that I also got from the Volcano saleman.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby kimo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:26 pm

Indinera wrote:
kimo wrote:

Redownload to be on the safe side.
Better boost whoever is attempting to complete the letter ;)

Indi, has this ever been resolved with Caius as the party leader? I'm a bit away from splitting parties, but I have started game #3. I have to tell you that this is one of the few games that seems to get even better on additional playthroughs. +::heart 8)
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:49 am

I tried an alternative route.
I saw that the guy in the pub does not give Caius the Might Potion, which leaves you without the necessary number to allow Nyx to get the sword. So I thought, maybe this time you have to ask for the FPP from the volcano merchant instead of the MPP.

Nope, those boosts don't work either. I remain to be convinced that this quest is doable. I think there has to be a bug if none of the available boosts work.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:07 pm

I have to tell you that this is one of the few games that seems to get even better on additional playthroughs.

I'm delighted to hear 8) +::heart
The game rewards knowledge so it does make sense to me ;)

As for the lack of potions, maybe I completed all quests with Busho in the ice shrine, so there is always a possibility.
If one of you guys or gals could try and keep note of any potential potions in the Ice Shrine, that'd be fantastic!
From that I could see if an extra potion needs to be added somewhere.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions