Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

New Game +

New Game +

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:11 am

How do you start a New Game +?
Also, 'Features' states 2 different endings. Is there a good outcome vs a bad outcome, or does this just pertain to which party you chose to send to the Ice Shrine?
Lady JJ
Ranger

Re: New Game +

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:01 am

From the save menu, I think you should be able to see it just after defeating the final boss.

Also, 'Features' states 2 different endings. Is there a good outcome vs a bad outcome, or does this just pertain to which party you chose to send to the Ice Shrine?

This one I'll let you find out. :)
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:02 am

so this means people only got one ending when they finished so far - it could have been good or it could have been bad
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:05 am

darkange wrote:so this means people only got one ending when they finished so far - it could have been good or it could have been bad

from what i know, only lady jj and aggeliki have finished it so far, but kimo should have right now, as he was being held back by a glitch.
you, littlebro and lilac seem a bit behind for now, but probably getting there too.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:48 am

Indinera wrote:

From the save menu, I think you should be able to see it just after defeating the final boss.

This one I'll let you find out. :)

I finished the game quite late last night so maybe I missed that. I thought it took me right to a New Game and started the scenario with Caius on the hill and Marlyn approaching him, calling him a big, strong hero. Would I have found a difference if I had continued to play? I'll replay the final battle some time this weekend while I'm fully awake and pay more attention.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:52 am

I finished the game quite late last night so maybe I missed that. I thought it took me right to a New Game and started the scenario with Caius on the hill and Marlyn approaching him, calling him a big, strong hero. Would I have found a difference if I had continued to play? I'll replay the final battle some time this weekend while I'm fully awake and pay more attention.

During the phase where you get your "endgame stats screen" and can check everyone's stats, if you go to the save menu, New Game+ should be indicated.
I think this is how you start it (by selecting it).
That said, save on another slot before doing that, so that you don't lose your "normal" savefile.

NG+ is mostly for fun (especially the fun of getting all characters from the getgo and build them up yourself) so you might also want to replay the game normally and improve your overall results. Up to you!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:51 pm

I prefer to replay from the basic game start, but I never saw an option for New Game+. Nor did I see individual stats info after the game stats window. The game stats window did go to a file save slot choice that I saved.

So, I did some exploring and found that New Game+ option appears when I loaded the game from that specific save slot only. However, how do you restart this game from the original, fresh beginning? I do remember it was a bit of work loading the game the first time I played. IIRC the game does not auto-start when choosing New Game and I needed to load the game from a file in the save menu.

Do I need to delete the save files and reinstall the game?
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:59 pm

I prefer to replay from the basic game start,

I do believe it's an excellent idea, from a player's point of view.

but I never saw an option for New Game+.

After you've defeated the boss, whenever you get the chance, go to the Save menu, check out your last savefile, should be displayed "New Game +".

Nor did I see individual stats info after the game stats window.

No Main Menu? +::Dunno

So, I did some exploring and found that New Game+ option appears when I loaded the game from that specific save slot only.

That must be it!

However, how do you restart this game from the original, fresh beginning?

What do you mean? If you mean the savefile after the boss is defeated, there is nothing else to do...

Do I need to delete the save files and reinstall the game?

I don't think so, not at all.
You should be able to access NG+ from your savefile AFTER the boss has been defeated.
Or else you can just start a brand new (and regular) game.
There are only these 2 options.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:20 pm

However, how do you restart this game from the original, fresh beginning?

What do you mean? If you mean the savefile after the boss is defeated, there is nothing else to do...

Okay, I figured it out, but it's not very intuitive. Some people (like me) are likely going to be a bit confused because the game's autostart beginning is different than usually encountered in the past. At least from my experiences. +::Dance

I also have to take the "quote" class when it's offered in the future. Like some others, I am terrible at quoting specific lines. +::surrender
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Aggeliki » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:15 pm

i have finished the game with both endings..i got the new plus game, i chose Marlyn tin the party and then i had two of them on the hill during the intro dialogue!!! +::biggrin

as for the endings..everything has its price i guess! +::wizard
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:20 pm

i have fisished the game with both endings..i got the new plus game, i chose Marlyn tin the party and then i had two of them on the hill during the intro dialogue!!! +::biggrin

Ah well NG+ is specifically only for gameplay fun. As long as you don't have 2 Marlyns in your party, I'm fine with that.

as for the endings..everything has its price i guess!

And the price is the Memories!!! +::clap +::biggrin +::surrender
viewtopic.php?f=226&t=9860
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Aggeliki » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:28 pm

as soon as i have some free time to gather my thoughts, i will post my memories +::heart for sure!
Aggeliki
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:40 pm

Aggeliki wrote:as soon as i have some free time to gather my thoughts, i will post my memories +::heart for sure!

Awww thanks, looking forward to reading it! +::Thumbup
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Prometheus » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:05 pm

I'm still a long way away from finishing my first game but I keep thinking it would be a really cool feature to be able to inherit skill levels.

Moreover, seeing as the game even has a score feature, you could even consider a simple NG reward system using the score similar to the Tales franchise.
Prometheus
Wanderer

Postby Indinera » Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:09 pm

it would be a really cool feature to be able to inherit skill levels

I'd rather not because my idea behind NG+ was to be able to play but also build/develop any character you'd like from the beginning of the game.

Moreover, seeing as the game even has a score feature, you could even consider a simple NG reward system using the score similar to the Tales franchise.

The reward is based on the mode of difficulty you picked instead. Higher difficulty -> more and better relics!
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Next

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions