Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Quest #49: Portal to Evil

Quest #49: Portal to Evil

Postby MerryX » Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:29 pm

Just needing to check if this is where I'm supposed to fight the Blood Brute Boss - with 2 AGI Boosters instead of 3 as kimo points out, mind you!!? +::grrr
...I probably need to hunt around some more, huh [sigh]

Great name btw 8)
MerryX
Explorer

Re: Quest #49: Portal to Evil

Postby kimo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:14 am

Yes, the Blood Brute is there. Energy Hexacrystal, Hero Potion, and Energy Potion all give AGI boost. My "note to self" says I did not have an energy potion when I first found the portal. But I finished this one, so I either made a mistake in the Energy Potion counting or found one a room later and came back.

You can more easily kill the Blood Brute if
Spoiler: show
you can make it bleed. A couple thousand HP lost each round. I think this sucker regerates about 4000HP per round IIRC

Good Luck! This one ain't easy.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:27 am

Thanks, Kimo :) Like you I had Energy Hexacrystal x 1 and Hero Potion x 1 - but went hunting in the Evil Shrine for Marlyn and found a number of Hero potions. So I promptly used them up to fix that Blood Brute's little red wagon +::grrr ...Of course though, if I need those potions down the track I'm fresh outa luck +::whistle +:oops:

I just whacked away at the BB -
used heavy hitters Caius' Mace of Megadeth & Gadameon and Audrey's Dragon Queen & Super Jump, with Penelope and Marlyn healing/protecting/topping up TP. Didn't know about making him bleed so I'll remember that tip for next time!

tbh, I think I had more problems with the Crystal God - he kept freezing me, the b*#@ard!! +::grrr
MerryX
Explorer

Postby kimo » Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:25 am

MerryX wrote:Thanks, Kimo :) Like you I had Energy Hexacrystal x 1 and Hero Potion x 1 - but went hunting in the Evil Shrine for Marlyn and found a number of Hero potions. So I promptly used them up to fix that Blood Brute's little red wagon +::grrr ...Of course though, if I need those potions down the track I'm fresh outa luck +::whistle +:oops:

I just whacked away at the BB -
used heavy hitters Caius' Mace of Megadeth & Gadameon and Audrey's Dragon Queen & Super Jump, with Penelope and Marlyn healing/protecting/topping up TP. Didn't know about making him bleed so I'll remember that tip for next time!

tbh, I think I had more problems with the Crystal God - he kept freezing me, the b*#@ard!! +::grrr

I probably found the AGI boosts in the Evil Shrine, too. I was never able to complete the Crystal God quest in my first play because I was short on the needed boost. Congrats to you. Remember that Audrey's Super Jump works best if her HP are at max level.

I don't have any notes about needing specific boosts in the Evil Shrine, so I think you are probably okay.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby MerryX » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:03 am

kimo wrote:
I don't have any notes about needing specific boosts in the Evil Shrine, so I think you are probably okay.

Yeah, I didn't need them - so loaded myself up for the final battle just because I could +::biggrin
MerryX
Explorer

Postby littlebro » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:31 am

If you do a replay, it's worth noting that you can find two Energy Hexacrystals before reaching this point, because that's what I used, plus the 'official' AGI boost.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby lilac » Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:22 pm

MerryX wrote:
kimo wrote:

Yeah, I didn't need them - so loaded myself up for the final battle just because I could +::biggrin

Same here. +::lol
lilac
Bard

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions