Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Batodon

Batodon

Postby kimo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:01 pm

Holy Crap! Has anyone accomplished this quest using Busho's party instead of Caius'?

This sucker is "Holy" based so the only real damage seems to be the one "dark" spell Lilith has. And the Aquavirus spell works okay, but "Jump" and other typically big damage spells are like a joke. And you don't dare use any thunder-based attacks because you will just heal this Holy Terror. +::sos

It doesn't seem to be affected by status effects either. It seems like an evil ring might work, but then I would have to backtrack (or even go to a very old save) for the right bread and I'm not even sure it's in the nearby town. +::O_o

EDIT: Wow, this will push your luck and if you succeed the first time ..... 8)

Since LadyJJ is following in my diamond boot tracks and I'm sure she and others seeking the "alternative" ending will be going through this, here is what I did when I finally got down to only the Batadon
Spoiler: show
Busho: Taunt of all Taunts and Guard (rinse & repeat); Lilith: Dark Cloud spell; Genevieve: Aquavirus; Audrey: Elven Dash spell as needed and backup with Splash Potions and other healing because her lightning heals the Batadon.

Of course, you will need either healing potions, bolt jars, and other goodies available.

When you succeed, make sure you talk to the "Z" dude until he gives you
Spoiler: show
Zeromus, an excellent shield.
Last edited by kimo on Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Re: Batadon

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:58 am

Thanks for the heads up. You're the best!
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:37 am

Bravo indeed +::clap
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:22 am

@kimo do you have gravitabomb ?

I had it on Busho... also hammerhead
Easy defeat on max difficulty mode for me
I didn't even had to use taunt of all taunts.
All dmg done by Busho
I don't stop when I'm tired, I stop when I am done.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:48 pm

darkange wrote:@kimo do you have gravitabomb ?

All dmg done by Busho

These 2 extra spells can really help a great deal against big tough bosses
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby kimo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:50 pm

All dmg done by Busho

Interesting. Caius has Gravitabomb and Busho does have Hammerhold which I found works incredibly well on most hard hitter enemies. But, for some reason Hammerhold hardly caused much damage against this thing. As you know, if you're not doing about 2000+ DMG each round, you're just basically "standing still".

I don't remember who gave or how Caius got Gravitabomb, but IIRC that skill kicks butt on heavy armored baddies like Millipuves and probably would have been the best choice if I had it. No individual character was hitting over 2000 DMG for me.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby Lady JJ » Sat Oct 10, 2020 3:27 pm

kimo wrote:

All dmg done by Busho

Interesting. Caius has Gravitabomb and Busho does have Hammerhold which I found works incredibly well on most hard hitter enemies. But, for some reason Hammerhold hardly caused much damage against this thing. As you know, if you're not doing about 2000+ DMG each round, you're just basically "standing still".

I don't remember who gave or how Caius got Gravitabomb, but IIRC that skill kicks butt on heavy armored baddies like Millipuves and probably would have been the best choice if I had it. No individual character was hitting over 2000 DMG for me.

Busho got gravitabomb in the snow mountain, or St City, not sure which. I wonder if it's a random pick, like whoever learns Frenzy after the murderous orc encounter in the Elven Forest. I had to replay that battle a few times because it kept picking Genevieve.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby kimo » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:19 pm

Lady JJ wrote:
kimo wrote:

All dmg done by Busho

Busho got gravitabomb in the snow mountain, or St City, not sure which. I wonder if it's a random pick, like whoever learns Frenzy after the murderous orc encounter in the Elven Forest. I had to replay that battle a few times because it kept picking Genevieve.

I went back through my spell acquisition notes and they say it happened just after the King Slime quest was completed in St. Mountain area. I have question marks next to the level of acquisition. It looks like it was automatically given. If that's the case, there is no way I'm going to repeat that battle just to find out. +::fear

Interesting about "Frenzy". I would rather have it given to someone who relies heavily on TP.
aloha,
kimo lange
kimo
Bounty Hunter

Postby darkange » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:54 pm

kimo wrote:Interesting about "Frenzy". I would rather have it given to someone who relies heavily on TP.

Then I got really lucky cause the first time was also available for Genevieve ... but the second time the orc killed my Caius ... so he got Frenzy - frenzy is incredibly useful on him - at later levels he also hits hard 4 times with his mace and his TP fuels up so fast ... like at least 30 TP gain from one frenzy use in a battle.

Probably Busho would have been a great choice too for Frenzy... but Caius was better - to abuse the mace of mega death.

Gravitabomb is the same - it is random related ... I think whoever kills the slime king - I killed it with Busho so he learned the gravitabomb.

So in my case Caius party was dealing no damage to Batadon because without gravitabomb none of his skills were hitting the batodon hard .... the only one who was dealing 1k dmg and 2k when it was a critical .... was that aoe reptile skill - for some unknown reason. All other usual skills on him did almost no dmg.
So I had to combine that ... plus a little dmg from dragon lady and very rare from penelope ... he died after about 15- 20 minutes I think lol ....
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby Indinera » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:12 pm

it is random related

not random +::stop +::stop +::stop

So I had to combine that ... plus a little dmg from dragon lady and very rare from penelope ... he died after about 15- 20 minutes I think lol ....

could have received help from marlyn too? +:::|
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby darkange » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:31 pm

Indinera wrote:
could have received help from marlyn too? +:::|

yeah ... but she wasn't that useful - only add some extra damage with her skill that empowers characters - she didn't had any particular skill that did decent damage ...

Also I don't know about other modes but in craaaazy mode - her death kiss skill doesn't kill anything at all - not even simple enemies - it just does mediocre damage.
(David Goggins)
darkange
Bounty Hunter

Postby littlebro » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:20 am

darkange wrote:Gravitabomb is the same - it is random related ... I think whoever kills the slime king - I killed it with Busho so he learned the gravitabomb.

Indinera wrote:not random

My theory - not yet tested - is that it is given to the one you have not given Bear Trap to.
My reasoning being that Bear Trap is great for the Ice Shrine, and Gravitabomb for the Batadon/Evil Shrine. Indy ensuring that both parties have something to help them.
littlebro
Ranger

Postby RAndrews » Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:30 am

littlebro wrote:
darkange wrote:
My theory - not yet tested - is that it is given to the one you have not given Bear Trap to.
My reasoning being that Bear Trap is great for the Ice Shrine, and Gravitabomb for the Batadon/Evil Shrine. Indy ensuring that both parties have something to help them.

No - I had Busho with both :)
RAndrews
Bard

Postby littlebro » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:00 am

RAndrews wrote:No - I had Busho with both :)

I see. So, back to the thinking cap.
littlebro
Ranger

Re: Batodon

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:23 am

I think Darkange had it right. Whoever delivers the killing blow/tech. That would mean it's not random.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Next

Return to Forever Heroes - Help and Questions