Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

Questions about skills

Re: Questions about skills

Postby lilac123 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:12 pm

Indinera wrote:
I'm uploading.
I'll tell you when you can download it again.
Then just use Echo Sword to get Hero.

Ok. got Hero. +::Thumbup
lilac123
Bard

Postby Lady JJ » Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:58 pm

And I now have Apocalypse, so the patch seems to have worked well.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:42 pm

Lady JJ wrote:And I now have Apocalypse, so the patch seems to have worked well.

Glad to hear! +::wizard +::wizard +::wizard
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:39 pm

Question about Louthros' Grabber spell. If the 'grabbed' enemy is defeated, say by an attack on all spell/skill, shouldn't Louthros be relieved of his 'grabbing' state? Instead he remains inactive until the grab wears off. I'm not sure I like him all that much, but I surely think he's way too intelligent to hold onto a corpse for no good reason. ;)
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Lady JJ » Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:01 pm

The Holy Book of Abbaoth Slath says +1 Use to All Spells when you use a Spell, but it doesn't increase the uses of spells. Is this one of those quirky situations where the player needs to be under a certain condition/state in order for the counter to increase?
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:40 am

Lady JJ wrote:Question about Louthros' Grabber spell. If the 'grabbed' enemy is defeated, say by an attack on all spell/skill, shouldn't Louthros be relieved of his 'grabbing' state? Instead he remains inactive until the grab wears off. I'm not sure I like him all that much, but I surely think he's way too intelligent to hold onto a corpse for no good reason. ;)

The game should acknowledge when a monster is killed and set Louthros "free" but it might need to wait the end of the turn, so not "instant" per se. If you get the chance, please let me know if waiting for a turn or two makes a difference.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:41 am

Lady JJ wrote:The Holy Book of Abbaoth Slath says +1 Use to All Spells when you use a Spell, but it doesn't increase the uses of spells. Is this one of those quirky situations where the player needs to be under a certain condition/state in order for the counter to increase?

+:oops: was completed glitchy

Took me long enough but I should have fixed that by now - at least, I tried.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Lady JJ » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:33 am

Indinera wrote:
Lady JJ wrote:Question about Louthros' Grabber spell. If the 'grabbed' enemy is defeated, say by an attack on all spell/skill, shouldn't Louthros be relieved of his 'grabbing' state? Instead he remains inactive until the grab wears off. I'm not sure I like him all that much, but I surely think he's way too intelligent to hold onto a corpse for no good reason. ;)

The game should acknowledge when a monster is killed and set Louthros "free" but it might need to wait the end of the turn, so not "instant" per se. If you get the chance, please let me know if waiting for a turn or two makes a difference.

It does end after a while. It's hard to tell when a 'battle turn' is over, but as the game progressed, it seems that Louthros was bypassed fewer times. Maybe when I first experienced it, my players had greater agility on the whole than the enemies and so had more opportunities to attack in a turn. Later, Louthros was only being bypassed once or twice, so maybe the agilities of the enemies was catching up to the agilities of the players? At any rate, it does seem to be releasing more quickly now.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:38 am

Maybe when I first experienced it, my players had greater agility on the whole than the enemies and so had more opportunities to attack in a turn.

That could be it. A slower enemy will make turns last a lot longer.

Later, Louthros was only being bypassed once or twice, so maybe the agilities of the enemies was catching up to the agilities of the players? At any rate, it does seem to be releasing more quickly now.

Good to hear. That said, I didn't change anything, so it seems to indicate it's a matter of turns and having a slow enemy or not in the bunch.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Shotz! » Mon May 08, 2023 10:44 pm

Hello again!

I am loving this game so much! Thanks Indinera for all the blood sweat and tears that went into creating this work of art.

I do have a question though about the combo skills. How many more times after mastering both skills does the combo skill become available. I've had a couple now where it seems like they never show up, and then they just do, even when I haven't used the 2 skills in battle. I'm in the process of mastering some of the lesser used ones right now and would appreciate some tips.

Thanks in advance to anyone who still is on the forum. I know a bunch of you have completed the game already, but I'm taking my time to savour it. :)
Shotz!
Wanderer

Postby Lady JJ » Tue May 09, 2023 3:26 am

Shotz! wrote:Hello again!

I am loving this game so much! Thanks Indinera for all the blood sweat and tears that went into creating this work of art.

I do have a question though about the combo skills. How many more times after mastering both skills does the combo skill become available. I've had a couple now where it seems like they never show up, and then they just do, even when I haven't used the 2 skills in battle. I'm in the process of mastering some of the lesser used ones right now and would appreciate some tips.

Thanks in advance to anyone who still is on the forum. I know a bunch of you have completed the game already, but I'm taking my time to savour it. :)

If I'm understanding your question correctly, unless otherwise stated (such as Revive x/15 rather than the usual x/60)
60 uses gives you mastery of the technic, making that technic (spell or skill) more powerful
70 uses is needed to make that technic available for a combo. Sometimes it's a spell+spell, sometimes skill+skill, sometimes spell+skill. Not all technics are involved in combos.
There are times when a boost is given increasing the number of uses for a spell or skill or both. This can be for just one player or for everyone in the party. This can happen in a secret room, at some fountains/pools, or when a player has reached 100 uses. That may be why you are sometimes 'surprised' when a combo appears.
100 uses give a special boost and they're all unique. They range from things like everyone gets their MP replenished to everyone gets +5 uses of all skills to player gets +5 MAT to an instant kill (including bosses and mimics). Again, they're all unique. (This happens again at 250 uses but I think that's it. I don't think there's any prize for 500 or 1000 uses.)
In general, it's best to get those technics up to a minimum of 70 uses to be able to get all combos possible. Some combo technics can be party of a combination of another combo, so even combo technics should be used a minimum of 70 times.
Lady JJ
Ranger

Postby Shotz! » Tue May 09, 2023 4:14 am

Lady JJ wrote:
Shotz! wrote:Hello again!

If I'm understanding your question correctly, unless otherwise stated (such as Revive x/15 rather than the usual x/60)
60 uses gives you mastery of the technic, making that technic (spell or skill) more powerful
70 uses is needed to make that technic available for a combo. Sometimes it's a spell+spell, sometimes skill+skill, sometimes spell+skill. Not all technics are involved in combos.
There are times when a boost is given increasing the number of uses for a spell or skill or both. This can be for just one player or for everyone in the party. This can happen in a secret room, at some fountains/pools, or when a player has reached 100 uses. That may be why you are sometimes 'surprised' when a combo appears.
100 uses give a special boost and they're all unique. They range from things like everyone gets their MP replenished to everyone gets +5 uses of all skills to player gets +5 MAT to an instant kill (including bosses and mimics). Again, they're all unique. (This happens again at 250 uses but I think that's it. I don't think there's any prize for 500 or 1000 uses.)
In general, it's best to get those technics up to a minimum of 70 uses to be able to get all combos possible. Some combo technics can be party of a combination of another combo, so even combo technics should be used a minimum of 70 times.

Thanks Lady JJ! That explanation is just what I was looking for. I was starting to see a pattern, but couldn't quite figure it out when the random "skill acquired" would show up. Now I know what to look for.

So many different facets to the game - makes it so interesting. Kinda glad though that RL keeps me away or I'd be playing non-stop with no sleep and energy drinks as company. +::biggrin
Shotz!
Wanderer

Previous

Return to ➡️ Laxius Soul - Help and Questions