Laxius Soul Forever Heroes Maiden Maiden Odessa When the Light Dies

What's your favourite chapter (LF trilogy)?

What's your favourite?

Chapter 1 - The Story Of Two Lovers
13%
Chapter 2 - Terror In Tyrine
No votes
Chapter 3 - The Snow Storm
No votes
Chapter 4 - Adretana
No votes
Chapter 5 - Luci And Her Party
6%
Chapter 6 - The Invincible Armada
No votes
Chapter 7 - Taking Lives
13%
Chapter 8 - Yveen's Oath
No votes
Chapter 9 - Xander And The Fifth Temple
No votes
Chapter 10 - Our Dear Wendala
31%
Chapter 11 - The Grand Commendanter Attacks
6%
Chapter 12 - What Lies Beneath
6%
Chapter 13 - The Last Stand
25%

Total votes : 16

Re: What's your favourite chapter (LF trilogy)?

Postby Alikamou » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:35 am

+::biggrin Love them all...except Louis! :razz: +::biggrin
Alikamou
WeaponMaster of Asguaard

Postby Tomas » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:24 am

For me it's Chapter 13, it's the grand finale. And I generally like endings best, because it's the moment when the player is really rewarded for the effort put into the game (unless something is wrong). I know that the finale is good because of the previous content, so it's kinda unfair to really compare it, but that's how I feel it.

Other chapters I really liked were Chapter 4 (playing with Yveen in party never gets old), Chapter 7 (absolutely thrilling), Chapter 8 (Gardens of Balnuunla are just so beautiful), Chapter 10 (it's about Wendala...) and Chapter 12 (thrilling and many discoveries).

Indinera wrote:Chap1 is short if you consider only the main quest, too.

Actually, Chapter 1 is pretty long when training characters for the hardest part of the ruin. As is Chapter 5 with 99 Salcerium.

Indinera wrote:
Ouch Indy. It's a pig of fortune. And caring about animals is a good thing to do. And it gave me god's heaven almost every 10 minutes I visited it. It is lucky.

I did save him a couple of times lol But then doing it all the time is... tedious.

Carrying the Reeker Bulb isn't that tedious, if Random, Sarah and Cocka-Cocka are high levels enough (which is mandatory for exploring all the ruins in Chapter 1 anyway).
Tomas
Ranger

Postby DragoonHP » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:47 am

Alikamou wrote:+::biggrin Love them all...except Louis! :razz: +::biggrin

+::biggrin
Last edited by DragoonHP on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Persistance is the key to success +::biggrin -- DragoonHP
DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:24 am

DragoonHP wrote:
Alikamou wrote:game called "Crimson Sword"

Why laugh? +::O_o
• Play my latest games! ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:26 am

Actually, Chapter 1 is pretty long when training characters for the hardest part of the ruin. As is Chapter 5 with 99 Salcerium.

Then Chapter 4 is pretty long when doing all the quests available in Adretana.

Carrying the Reeker Bulb isn't that tedious, if Random, Sarah and Cocka-Cocka are high levels enough (which is mandatory for exploring all the ruins in Chapter 1 anyway).

Yes but you need to put anyone else out of the party, and have Louis and Marion die at least once when they are mandatory.

As for the rest - love playing with Yveen too! :)
+::wizard +::wizard +::wizard
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:31 am

What's your favourite Guild anyway? Mine is Mage Guild. Love Fusion and Combo of Power. And I love playing with Yveen too. And maybe making her the leader, she's floating so it's weirdly cool.
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:35 am

loof123 wrote:What's your favourite Guild anyway? Mine is Mage Guild. Love Fusion and Combo of Power. And I love playing with Yveen too. And maybe making her the leader, she's floating so it's weirdly cool.

Yveen is strong and beautiful, as a Goddess should be, so it's cool playing with her.

I like all Guilds but the Mage one sure delivers. +::biggrin
Thief Guild is cool too.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby loof123 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:36 am

And she has the biggest cleavage +::biggrin

Thief Guild is amazing but the rewards are timed, I hate that. :(
loof123
PhysicMage of Arkadya

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:40 am

And she has the biggest cleavage +::biggrin

+::O_o +::O_o
Sandy says otherwise. Yo!

Thief Guild is amazing but the rewards are timed, I hate that.

Well for each new quest completed, talk to everyone. It's not like that place is huge.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:46 am

Indinera wrote:Then Chapter 4 is pretty long when doing all the quests available in Adretana.

Indeed, there are tons of quests. And I still remember Moormore Census - that was probably the most unexpected quest of them all.

Indinera wrote:

Yes but you need to put anyone else out of the party, and have Louis and Marion die at least once when they are mandatory.

Louis and Marion won't die from walking alone (the poisoning stops at 1HP), they would need to get to their turns in battles to go down, and since Random and Sarah easily destroy most enemies prior to that, it isn't much of a trouble. Plus, if something goes wrong (too many misses), Sarah has Revive. Also, it's possible to heal the poisoned characters if a tougher battle is near, this way they will survive quite a few rounds (unlike from the opponents facing Random and Sarah at level 40+... +::biggrin )

loof123 wrote:What's your favourite Guild anyway? Mine is Mage Guild.

It's the same for me. Plus, the Theory Tournament quest is just hilarious.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:50 am

Indeed, there are tons of quests. And I still remember Moormore Census - that was probably the most unexpected quest of them all.

That one was so silly. Wendala's comment about the goat should have been in the best LF quotes topic, serious. +::O_o

Louis and Marion won't die from walking alone (the poisoning stops at 1HP), they would need to get to their turns in battles to go down, and since Random and Sarah easily destroy most enemies prior to that, it isn't much of a trouble. Plus, if something goes wrong (too many misses), Sarah has Revive. Also, it's possible to heal the poisoned characters if a tougher battle is near, this way they will survive quite a few rounds (unlike from the opponents facing Random and Sarah at level 40+... +::biggrin )

For perfectionnists (for instance people who wants to have a clean death sheet for all the charas), the reeker bulb is very annoying.

It's the same for me. Plus, the Theory Tournament quest is just hilarious.

Ahahaha lol
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby DragoonHP » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:23 pm

Indinera wrote:
DragoonHP wrote:
Alikamou wrote:game called "Crimson Sword"

Why laugh? +::O_o

+:oops: +::surrender
I misquoted; I meant to quote:
Alikamou wrote: +::biggrin Love them all...except Louis! :razz: +::biggrin

Going to correct my post. :-p

EDIT: By the way, are you ever going to make "Crimson Sword"?
"Writers aren’t exactly people…. they’re a whole bunch of people trying to be one person." -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Persistance is the key to success +::biggrin -- DragoonHP
DragoonHP
Paladin

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:28 pm

Crimson Sword is a HUGE epic. I have made it, on paper.
It's a tactical-RPG, unfortunately. I'd need someone to code the battle system.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

Postby Tomas » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Indinera wrote:

That one was so silly. Wendala's comment about the goat should have been in the best LF quotes topic, serious. +::O_o

Yes, the quest is silly. But in a way, there's the spirit of your games in it. What I'm trying to say is that "You don't play by rules", I mean, in a "standard" fantasy game, there's a threat, a hero(es), preparation and the big battle. But in your stories, it is quite possible that the big battle won't happen, because the hero will, I don't know, get lost. Or isn't a hero at all. Or just something crazy and unexpected.
And this quest is exactly the essence of it. Heroes, saving the world from imminent doom, facing countless enemies including demons, dragons and so on, with powerful spells and relics and artifacts of enormous power. And what are they doing right now? Killing another dragon? Saving a princess? Stopping an evil sorcerer from taking over a kingdom? ... No, they are counting people for a lazy good-for-nothing, that obviously can't even leave his own house to do his work, in a remote and totally insignificant village. +::biggrin
I can only add that after years of playing RPGs and hundreds of quests, this one still caught me in surprise - which doesn't happen very often. +::clap

Indinera wrote:For perfectionnists (for instance people who wants to have a clean death sheet for all the charas), the reeker bulb is very annoying.

I see. I've never cared about number of deaths, at least as long as it was possible to revive the characters.
Tomas
Ranger

Postby Indinera » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Yes, the quest is silly. But in a way, there's the spirit of your games in it. What I'm trying to say is that "You don't play by rules", I mean, in a "standard" fantasy game, there's a threat, a hero(es), preparation and the big battle. But in your stories, it is quite possible that the big battle won't happen, because the hero will, I don't know, get lost. Or isn't a hero at all. Or just something crazy and unexpected.
And this quest is exactly the essence of it. Heroes, saving the world from imminent doom, facing countless enemies including demons, dragons and so on, with powerful spells and relics and artifacts of enormous power. And what are they doing right now? Killing another dragon? Saving a princess? Stopping an evil sorcerer from taking over a kingdom? ... No, they are counting people for a lazy good-for-nothing, that obviously can't even leave his own house to do his work, in a remote and totally insignificant village. +::biggrin

Yeah, that's what real roleplaying is about though. The right to visit a remote and useless village, and spend some time there.

I can only add that after years of playing RPGs and hundreds of quests, this one still caught me in surprise - which doesn't happen very often. +::clap

Ahah, thanks. I can still have good ideas, sometimes.

I see. I've never cared about number of deaths, at least as long as it was possible to revive the characters.

Sometimes I start a savefile with the idea of having no death and get very pissed off for the first critical hit that kills one of my characters +::O_o +::sos
Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Indinera
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions (Spoilers Inside!)